Security Delivery Manager
IBM Middle East
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Security Delivery Manager (SDM) is responsible for overall functional program success in the account. The role focuses on meeting client needs by constructing partnerships between the client and various organizations - including IBM Security and/or client Project Offices, Security Services resources (consulting, systems integration, managed services, off-shore delivery and subcontractors) and IT / network service providers engaged by the client - and managing the implementation of these partnerships to drive positive customer satisfaction.
- Provide account leadership to the Security Services delivery teams - may span multiple projects - and direct teams to develop program / project strategies and implement resulting solutions to meet contract deliverables and Client expectations
- Implement project plans and get Installs, Moves, Adds, Changes (IMACs) approved through Change Management
- Manage IBM Security Services resources - inclusive of direct and/or dotted line employees as well as contractors / subcontractors - and coordinate with client resources to deliver in scope services and solutions on schedule
- Manage quality of Security Services provided by the delivery team(s), and track and report on service level performance by the operations teams
- Develop and administer Security processes and review their application to ensure that Security controls, policies, and procedures are operating effectively
- Serve as point of escalation with accountability for prompt identification, resolution and communication of delivery issues (i.e., contract gaps, resource or schedule issues) that may impact client satisfaction and/or Security Services revenue and profit
- Supervise and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Security capabilities being delivered through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between Support and Business functions
- Responsible for managing delivery critical situations (on-call 24/7 potentially until resolution), leading root cause analysis, building get to green plans, and continuous improvement plans
- Provide oversight for the identification, investigation and response of events or incidents of apparent security breaches
- Oversee delivery operations in the account - including reviewing delivery of services to scope and defined schedule, actively participating in scope change discussions, managing to the financial targets, coordinating resources and contract changes, managing Client expectations and satisfaction, communicating effectively and consistently with Client and IBM stakeholders on program status and/or issues, bringing thought leadership or sharing best practices with the Client on topics of interest, etc.
- Work with the security work streams to design and build aggregated operational [SOC] performance metrics and monthly program status reports, present updates to the Client, adapting messages to the level of audience (i.e., operations management, C suite, etc.)
- Support the Security Project Executive (SPE) and/or Associate Partner in identifying growth opportunities and contract profitability
- Play a significant role in long-term Security strategy and planning including initiatives geared toward operational excellence
- Demonstrable project management experience
- Understanding contractual constructs including Master Service Agreements
- Ability to understand and dissect financial information on accounts
- Be familiar with ITIL Service Management framework showing demonstrable skills in ITSM.
- Responsible for reporting of Service Level Management on the portfolio of Security Services.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent people-management skills
- Proven track record with delivery management in a matrixed organization and with managing issues and program risks
- Highly adaptable and able to lead matrixed teams through changes
- Good technical and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to work in a high stress environment
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in complex project / client management and/or delivery management
- 5-8 years of experience in Information Technology, which includes 5 years relevant practical experience in Cybersecurity and operations
- Knowledge in contract management, financial management and compliance
- Crisis management skills
- Good negotiation skills, excellent written & verbal communications skills
- A thorough understanding of customer service related performance metrics
- Ability to interact with staff, peers, and business units on a technical and professional level; technical knowledge may come from hands-on experience in a security operations role and/or through training and certs
- Fluency in English
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL
- Other Security Management Certifications (ISSMP; CRISC; CISM
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Professional qualifications / certifications in project management preferred
- Knowledge of IBM Security portfolio and GTS processes preferred
- Ability to rapidly build teams / networks across the IBM organization
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.