Job description / Role
An Amazing and Competitive Opportunity at One of the top Luxury Brands Sofitel in the Holy City Al Madina in KSA.
With the following requirement
- To prepare the daily schedule requirements and to issue post-patrol assignments to Security Officers for the duration of their shifts.
- To supervise all aspects of key distribution and control according to policies and procedures of the hotel and to report any discrepancy immediately to superiors.
- To maintain legible and accurate records of all control centeral documents to include General Security Log, Key Control, Lost and Found and Visitor Passes.
- To continuously maintain and service all equipment related, or assigned, to the department, as specified in equipment manuals.
- To ensure that all hotel vehicles are properly maintained. To control the car log books, distribution of car keys, damages and kilometers driven per day.
- To review scheduled functions, group, or VIP arrivals and special events and to discuss special instructions with relevant departments.
- To be flexible with work hours, regardless of time, during day, or night, in order to personally facilitate security arrangements of cases that require special treatment and handling.
- To liaise with local authorities in order to identify activities that may affect the operation of the hotel such as seasonal events, current community crime trends, political activism and other, and to share any such concerns with superiors.
- To provide access, when required, to high-risk areas, exercising vigilance for the protection of assets and to secure the area when access is no longer required.
- To report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
- To control access to crime/natural disaster scenes in order to preserve evidence while awaiting the arrival of authorities.
- To attend to reports and to follow-up on all reported guest disturbances, or alleged theft incidents ensuring that the established policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To conduct special investigation on high profile security matters and to prepare reports for managements review.
- To supervise the maintenance of the security log entries and to track all security officer patrol reports and subsequent security activities.
- To oversee the intervention of all guest room safes and to maintain a logbook where all occurrences are recorded.
- To review all occurrence reports prepared by security officers ensuring that they have complete, relevant and accurate information and to follow up.
- To be fully involved in the fire safety protection program in collaboration with the Engineering department, and all other concerned departments, as per hotel policy.
- To ensure that all new staff members are briefed and / or trained in Fire Prevention / Fire Fighting Procedures relevant to their position.
- To schedule quarterly fire evacuation drills, on collaboration with the HR, engineering and all other hotel departments.
- To execute employee bag/parcel inspections, as directed by the hotel policy.
- To control and ensure that the arrival and departure of employee at the back entrance of the hotel is done in a orderly and secure manner.
- To make, for the safety of our employee, physical spot checks on employee transportation, verifying the vehicle's general condition.
- To oversee all security aspect linked with the employee housing and its facilities.
- To complete the annual performance appraisal forms, provided by the HR department, for all employees under his/her responsibility, and to deliver them to the Resident Manger for reviewing.
- To ensure that the department operational budget is strictly adhered to, all costs are controlled and expenditures are approved.
- To assist in building an efficient team of employees by taking active interest in their welfare, safety and development. Ensuring and encouraging them to maintain good relationships with their colleagues and all other departments.
- To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually, wearing the correct uniform/attire and nametag, at all times. To ensure they maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department appearance standards.
- To supervise the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Hotel and Department Operations Manual.
- To ensure that all the employees read the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the industry, company or hotel.
- To be flexible and extend the job duties in order to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments / areas, if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- To attend training and meetings, as and when required.
- To conduct and/or contribute to regular Departmental Communication Meetings.
- To ensure rosters are posted and timesheets are submitted on time.
- To ensure that all employees are treated fairly and consistently, as outlined in the terms and conditions of employment, local legislation and company / hotel policies and procedures.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.