Job description / Role
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today's businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM's clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
This is a full-time position for a junior services consultant responsible for supporting and deploying products belonging to Security "Identity and Access Management" software portfolio. The position requires working with customers to implement, upgrade, enable and support installations of the IBM Security products both remotely and at customers' sites. This role is about partnering with the broader IBM team to ensure customers are deploying and receiving value from the Security Software they have purchased from IBM.
This position requires:
- Basic experience in designing and deploying solutions based on Security software portfolio, preferably in the Identity and Access Management domain.
- This includes working as a team member with client personnel and other IBM teams to identify functional requirements and subsequently working with or in some instances leading others in the identification, justification, design and deployment of the client's solution.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge across multiple platforms, processes or architectures.
- IT consulting skills, as well as the ability to act as a client advisor.
- Demonstrating knowledge and skills in the Security domain.
- Should have demonstrated communications skills - both written/verbal.
- Able to understand and assess business and regulatory requirements, evaluate possible design for the requirement and translate the business needs and regulatory requirements into appropriate solution.
- Functional and non-functional Security requirements definition and documentation experience.
- Develop migration plans and risks for migration from previous versions to current versions of SW.
- Should possess the technical/functional skills necessary to understand Security project engagements.
- Helps clients in defining the roadmap for deployment of Security solution.
- Participate in training efforts. Identify opportunities to cross-sell other services.
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of market trends, competitor activities and service lines.
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients with the intention to exceed Client expectations.
- Understand clients' business environment and pain areas.
- Participate in proposal development efforts. Participate in "add-on" sales to client.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or Information Systems
- 1+ year experience in designing and deploying solutions based on Security Software portfolio in the Identity and Access Management space
- Readiness to travel 50% travel annually
- English: Fluent
- Ability to develop strong customer relationships
- Negotiation & communication skills
- Knowledge of Professional Services process and tools
- Knowledge of Arabic language will represent a plus
About Business Unit
IBM's Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM's Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.