Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- The Device management role focuses on a specific technology or set of technologies within scope of Device Management at Sipchem. Provides key device/platform management and daily operational activities to Sipchem.
- Manages the device health and availability and performs patches and software updates.
- Performs device management and health checks (Policy implementation, Patching, minor software updates)
- Performs policy design, implementation and management
- Performs agreed device platform changes and participates in incident and problem management
- Implements and updates agreed rule and policies
- Provides device/platform user credential management support.
- Performs platform specific activities as per agreed PIM/SoW/Contract.
- Support the Threat Management team in the Threat Investigation process on their respective security devices
- Develop and update technical specifications and standard operating manuals
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Firewall - Sophos UTM | Palo Alto | FortiGate | CISCO FirePower
- Web Security - Zscaler | McAfee Web Gateway | Symantec Web
- Email Security - Cisco ESA | Symantec.cloud | Office365
- Web Application Firewall - Forti Web | F5 ASM
- NAC - ForeScout CounterACT
- Anti-Virus - Kaspersky | Symantec
- NDR - Vectra | Attivo Botsink
- Phishing detection and response - Cofense (PhishMe)
- KSA nationality and fluent in Arabic required
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- EDR - Carbon Black | Taegis Red Cloak | Microsoft Defender ATP
- Others - Linux | Shell Scripting | SIEM-Q-Radar | XSOAR
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.