Segment Accounting Supervisor
Job description / Role
We are seeking a Segment Accounting Advisor to work with Upstream Financial Reporting and Compliance Team. The advisor is part of the segment level finance team that handles accounting, compliance (IFRS) and assurance over segment financials reported both internally and externally. It is a critical team within Upstream Finance, responsible for ensuring that segment results are prepared in a timely and world-class manner, as can be expected from one the largest companies in the world.
You will be accountable for preparation and submission of segment level financial reports, insights and notes to senior management, and ensure robust controls over financial reporting processes. As you over see segment level financials and associated processes, you are required to exhibit strong interpersonal skills, as you are dealing with multiple stakeholders, initiate and lead segment wide process improvement opportunities, and promote consistent application of group policy.
You will be required to perform the following:
• Achieve a broad spectrum of financial accounting activities, ensuring that Upstream’s financial accounts are prepared in a timely and world-class manner.
• Participate in the consolidation and reconciliation of financial figures reported to executive management to finalize the business line financial reports at both actual and planning events.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statement analytical review at business unit level.
• Ensure quarterly segment financial statements are free of material errors each quarter and identified issues are followed through to resolution on a timely basis.
• Identify and implement key controls activities (preventative and detective) at international standards (e.g.Sarbones Oxley) on assigned area of responsibility.
• Ensure timely and accurate recognition of provisions relating to environmental remediation, legal and asset retirement obligations.
• Maintain Upstream internal reference material related to accounting and compliance.
• Implement and oversee transfer pricing and cost allocation policies in the Upstream area.
• Coordinate, maintain, and resolve outstanding audit exceptions for both internal and external auditing.
• Provide input and decision support analysis to short-term and long-term planning cycles as well as commercial activities such as price negotiations, investment decisions and the like.
• Provide Upstream Finance community advice on technical accounting issues.
• Coordinate, prepare, present training material to improve accounting knowledge of the wider Upstream Finance community.
As a successful candidate, you
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance discipline.
• Hold an Accounting professional designation (ACCA, CPA, CMA, CIMA, CA, or equivalent).
• Have 12 years of experience in the Finance and reporting related activities. Preferably, 5+ years of this experience will be in the Oil & Gas value chain.
• Have a previous experience in implementing financial controls.
• Have a solid understanding of IFRS in relation to Oil & Gas.
• Are able to work with incomplete data and drive conclusions and recommendations to senior management.
• Have working knowledge of SAP Finance Modules.
• Have in depth knowledge in one or more of the following areas: well accounting, asset accounting, costreallocations, revenue accounting, transfer pricing, financial consolidation and group reporting requirements.
• Have strong modelling experience would be considered an asset as it allows you to be active in an even broader suite of responsibilities.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies