Job description / Role
The Senior Application Support Engineer is responsible for installing, maintaining and administering enterprise applications and maintaining the efficiency of software applications running in production.
Our client is a well back, leading government organisation that is currently undergoing a period of high growth.
* Participate in technical systems design and development; project planning and administration activities.
* Interface and collaborate with Information Security team to validate and implement recommendations into production environment.
* Ensure the security of the applications by implementing industry best practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
* Maintain patch management for applications with zero-day vulnerability patching across the enterprise.
* Troubleshoot and debug application/software issues raised by end users
* Provide Level-2 technical support and resolve the day-to-day environment issues for all applications installed in the production, development, and test environments
* Proactively perform analysis, tuning, and optimisation of resource utilisation on a continual basis to avert significant performance impacts or interruptions to application availability
* Develop and maintain documentation about current environment setup, standard operating procedures and best practices.
* Highly competitive salary package on offer for the right candidate
* KSA nationals can be considered at this stage.
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent relevant work experience and/or hardware/software certification(s).
* 5+ years of experience in a technical role.
* Have evident problem-solving skills; strong technical troubleshooting skills.
* Demonstrate proficiency in product documentation.
* Web Application and Relational Database (SQL Server, Oracle) Experience (functional understanding of database structure).
* Extensive experience in providing application support in a fast-paced environment.
* Understanding of J2EE Architecture (JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, etc.) and deployment procedures.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Support Engineer - Urgent - Tax Free Salary
Application Support Engineer
FIS Application Support Engineer
|Saudi Arabia||6 Aug|
Senior System Support
Ebttikar Technology Company
Beaconhouse School System
|Al Ain||19 Mar|