Job description / Role
• Lead and coordinate effectively within respective departments throughout project lifecycles, to ensure cost effective, quality, and timely outcomes.
• Interact with clients to confirm requirements and ensure that all design facets of the projects are correctly scoped.
• Lead preparation of design programs based on detailed work breakdown structures for projects.
• Lead and Review design developments, drawings, specifications, reports and other client deliverables, to ensure adherence with Laceco’s design policies, processes, and practices
• Review technical specifications for various components for tender and contract documents.
• Advise Senior Architects, Project Managers, and Project Directors on local regulations, materials, and their applications.
• Ensure that the integrity of design intent remains throughout the project lifecycle.
• Review project cost and time based progress reports, and recommend mitigation measures to ensure adherence to Laceco’s project goals and objectives.
• Lead the preparation and presentation of project reports and presentations for internal and external clients.
• Resolve queries raised on projects under construction, and liaise with material and equipment suppliers for technical and installation information as and when required.
• Advise the QS Department in preparing the BoQs in line with project requirements and specifications
• Monitor and ensure that senior architects are coordinating effectively with the various architects and engineers throughout the project (planning, concept, preliminary, final etc.)
• Lead, supervise and approve the development of architectural designs from concept to completion; ensure the following:
* Designs effectively respond to client/owner requirements (e.g. designs based on owner/clients budget etc.)
* Drawings comply with local statutory requirements for structural components and systems
* Drawings are fully functional, making adequate provisions for the designs developed by the other disciplines
• Exercise quality control of drawings produced by the section, ensuring that they adhere to quality and CAD standards (e.g. high standards of visual presentation, error free, properly dimensioned, x-referenced etc.)
• Remain abreast on changes in local statutory requirements regarding architectural systems and components
• Ensure that architectural components and materials specified for architectural designs are relevant and comply with statutory requirements; ensure that the specifications document is updated to reflect any changing statutory requirements
• Attend site meetings (e.g. progress meetings, coordination and specially called meetings etc.) as and when required
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Master is a Plus
• Member of the Society of Architects and Engineers in KSA
• 10 to 12 years of experience in a similar role in independently leading design project delivery
• Full proficiency in using Revit and/or BIM modeling software a plus
About the Company
Laceco is a multi-disciplinary team of architects, planners and engineers dedicated to solve the built environments toughest challenges. We specialize in planning cities and communities from the ground-up, designing landmark architectural projects and designing the infrastructure that connects them all. We’ve been doing so for over 30 years.
Today, Laceco has offices in Beirut, Dubai, Sharjah, Amman, Muscat, Cairo and Baghdad with a team of over 300 professionals and is supported by a wide network of specialized consultants. From the urban planning of entire city centers and districts, to the design of landmark architectural projects to large-scale environmental and infrastructure projects, Laceco is continuously growing in an ever-challenging social, cultural and economic context.