Khatib & Alami
Job description / Role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Architect who will organize all phases of architectural work including planning, designing and supervising the construction, product.
You should be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and be passionate about your job. An analytical mind and strict adherence to quality standards and customer specifications are also required.
Duties & Responsibilities are:
- Oversee project from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design
- Identify clients' needs and put together feasibility reports and design proposals
- Prepare ideas keeping in mind client's needs, building's usage and environmental impact
- Compile project specifications and create detailed blueprints, making any necessary corrections
- Ensure that all works are carried out to specific standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations, as well as within budgets and timelines
- Perform on site visits to check on project status and report on project.
- Work together with construction professionals, exchanging knowledge and providing support when needed
- 10+ years' experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, plus an advanced post-graduate degree.
- Significant experience in building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards; good portfolio is also required
- Outstanding drawing skills and familiarity with design software, such as Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp, 3d Studio VIZ, ...
- Strong visual awareness and an eye for detail
- Good communication skills
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).