Job description / Role
• Supervision of the teams responsible for development of architectural designs for major building projects, including residential, commercial, corporate, recreational, educational, healthcare and mixed-use developments, from initial concept and preliminary design to final design and tender documentation level.
• Resource planning, distribution and monitoring of a multi-national and mixed gender team of 45 Architectural, interior design, landscape and urban planning staff ranging in seniority from senior professionals to CAD/Revit technicians.
• Reporting to the Head of the Architectural Department, other responsibilities will include:
• Supervising the activities of design teams to ensure the proper interpretation of project briefs and client requirements, technical development of designs and subsequent preparation of construction documentation.
• Ensuring that the Architectural design is properly coordinated with the requirements of other design disciplines.
• Presentation of Architectural designs to appropriate regulatory and client authorities for approval during all stages of the design process.
• Ensuing the completeness and quality of the output of architectural design teams.
• Reporting to Project managers, interpreting the global needs of a project and translating those into resource requirements, schedules and deliverables that allow fee budgets and schedules to be met.
• Ensuring that technical output meets current and relevant building codes and standards.
• Assisting in the general management of the Architectural Department including ongoing implementation of BIM and Revit capabilities.
• Supervision of staff development including continuing education development and training in new software and LEED education programs.
• Monitoring of productivity and discipline within the studio environment and resolution of issues, if necessary with the support of the Head of department.
• Bachelors degree in architecture accredited by a Western Architectural Professional Body (e.g. RIBA, AIA, RAIC) and a minimum of 15 years professional experience since graduation, some of which would preferably have been gained in the Middle East.
• Knowledge of all aspects of the building design and construction process, including in-depth knowledge of architectural construction materials and their application, as well as considerable experience in the production of design documentation, including drawings and details, schedules and specifications is essential.
• Candidates must be conversant with international codes and standards for building design and be familiar with quality assurance/quality control procedures applicable to a design office.
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.