Job description / Role
The successful candidate will become part of a major government entity that provides financing support for projects of strategic significance to the national economy. The candidate will be responsible for Credit Assessment & Portfolio risk responsibilities of the organizations investments and deals across all industries and within various country borders. The position will report directly into the Head of Credit Risk.
Our client is a government entity responsible for overseeing and monitoring the governance, risk & compliance functions of numerous funds within Saudi Arabia. The BoD and Executive Committee comprises of individuals from the Royal Family, Royal Court and senior government officials.
* Perform credit assessment on countries, sectors, and counterparties / investments
* Perform credit due diligence for new investments (private equity, real estate & infrastructure, project finance, private equity funds, hedge funds)
* Perform on-going monitoring of existing investments (compliance with contractual terms, quarterly reviews, impairments etc.)
* Develop credit tiering framework for countries, counterparties, and various fund investments to facilitate credit risk appetite decisions
* Monitor adherence to the fund's Credit & Counterparty Risk Appetite
* Develop credit & country risk dashboard to proactively monitor credit quality changes at country, sector, and single entity level impacting the organizations portfolio
* Identify, monitor and report on key credit risk drivers to the relevant investment team and management committees - credit rating of counterparties/investments, key changes to credit ratings, loan default assessment, collateral assessment etc.
* Maintain credit risk tolerance dashboards, stress test and scenario analysis reporting
* Systems Knowledge: Moody's, S&P, Fitch, SNL, Bloomberg rating & credit risk tools
Portfolio Credit Risk
* Produce various credit risk metrics (Credit Var, Expected Credit Loss, Expected Shortfall, Credit Economical Capital etc.) for the fund portfolio
* Establish credit concentration framework of credit risk metrics and MV concentrations at single name, sector, country & asset class level
* Establish credit stress testing framework involving scenarios such as counterparty/investment default or downgrade coupled with credit deterioration at country/sector level, recovery stress, credit correlation stress etc.
* Monitor credit concentration risk in the organization's portfolio (single name, sector, country, and asset class concentrations)
* Review & access deals proposed, identifying key credit and counterparty risks including their contribution to portfolio credit risk
* Systems Knowledge: MSCI CreditManager, Rating agencies Portfolio Credit Risk tools (e.g. Moody's KMV model), Bloomberg, Asset Management systems such as Barra1/FIS/Aladdin
Competitive salary with benefits.
* Candidate must be involved in complex deal environment - not working capital but leveraged/project finance (credit investments) as well as PE investments
* Adaptable/dynamic personality. He must be quick and sharp and able to automate processes
* Must be quick on his feet i.e. bulk type assessments, limited interaction with other risk teams to deduce viability of deals and assess risk
* Needs to be able to adapt his skills from Capital/Ratings agencies to AssMan/Sovereign Wealth Fund
* Candidate must have (7-9 years experience ) within credit assessment & Portfolio risk responsibilities.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.