Job description / Role
Line of Service
Advisory - Other
Job Description & Summary
A career within Finance Consulting services, will provide the opportunity to work alongside CEOs, CFOs, controllers and treasurers to optimise the structure of their finance functions and improve their contribution to the business. We support our clients by addressing the challenges of achieving appropriate standards of control, efficient back office opportunities and support to the business through insight and challenge.
You will be working within the Finance Function Effectiveness team, which provides advisory services focused on the CFO agenda. The team you will be joining focuses on the Financial Services industry and delivers projects
throughout the Middle East region. The work we typically undertake includes:
- Finance operating model and finance transformation
- Corporate planning, financial planning, budgeting and reporting
- Banking treasury
- Effective financial control, reporting and consolidation
- Shared services finance and transactional efficiencies
- Costing and cost reduction opportunities
- Leveraging ERP, EPM, Digital and Cloud technologies
- Supporting adoption of new accounting standards (eg. IFRS) and regulatory compliance standards (eg.
- introduction of indirect tax) through Process and Systems enablement
Reporting to a Manager within the Finance Function Effectiveness team, the Senior Consultant will participate in cross-functional internal and client teams to develop and deliver strategic finance transformation projects
covering Finance Policies and Procedures, Financial Planning and Budgeting, Chart of Account design, Period Close, Financial Reporting, Corporate Treasury, Management Reporting, Quality Assurance in ERP enablement and Indirect tax.
- Play a role in advising clients on strategic finance-related matters and designing solutions that can help address complex finance-related challenges, achieve sustainable results and demonstrate real impact.
- Collaborate with PwC colleagues throughout the client assignment and work as a strong team member, taking ownership of areas of the project with limited supervision from senior team members.
- Assist in the management and coaching of junior team members during projects and actively mentor Consultants in the Finance Function Effectiveness team.
- Keep up to date with current regional and global economic and business trends, particularly maintaining a keen interest in Finance trends and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Assist in researching and writing winning proposals to support our clients in the UAE, KSA and broader Middle East.
- Advise clients on strategic finance-related matters and design solutions that can help transform clients' finance functions.
- Assist in creating and presenting winning proposals to support our clients in the UAE, KSA and broader Middle East.
- Whilst working in the Finance Consulting team you will work collaboratively with colleagues from the broader Consulting Team and other Lines of Service, in order to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change.
- You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- You will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis.
- You will be an integral contributor within a high-performing team and add exceptional value to our clients within a fast-paced environment. You will be analytical with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Finance or Accounting OR an MBA or Masters in Finance, in addition to an undergraduate degree in another field.
- The following qualification(s) are preferable and beneficial for the candidate to perform the role CA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA and CMA.
- Years of Experience: 3+ years of relevant experience in a similar role, out of which a minimum of 2 years must be within consulting focus on finance transformation and broader finance consulting.
- Experience working with / for financial institution is preferred but not mandatory
- Strong understanding and experience of Financial Policies and Processes, Financial Planning and Budgeting, Chart of Account design, Period Close, Financial Reporting, Corporate Treasury, Management Reporting and Tax.
- Expertise in and experience of implementing either SAP or Oracle in Financial Modules is mandatory
* SAP Simple Finance, SAP FICO and the integration of SAP FICO with other SAP modules OR
* Oracle E-Business Suite/Fusion Financials and their integration with other Oracle modules
* Experience with any core banking and / or treasury management system is preferred
Client-focused approach, with the ability to build strong relationships with diverse internal and external teams in demanding environments.
- Experience of supporting projects or directly working with financial institutions such as banks, central banks, regulators, insurance or asset management companies
- Self-motivated and confident, with a strong work ethic and ability to proactively drive projects and teams to successful delivery.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and able to cope well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programs Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint and G-Suite.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills in English are mandatory, with fluency (verbal and written) in Arabic highly desirable.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.