Job description / Role
The scope of the Senior Auditor encompasses planning the audit process, research, reviewing current processes and providing recommendations to enhance company policies and procedures.
The scope of the Senior Auditor includes:
• Assessing business risks and verifying that appropriate mitigating control mechanisms are in place
• Reviewing the reliability and integrity of financial and operating information and the means used to identify measure, classify and report such information.
• Reviewing the systems established to ensure compliance with those policies, plans, procedures, laws, and regulations that could have a significant impact on operations and reports and determining whether the organization is in compliance.
• Reviewing the means of safeguarding assets and, as appropriate, verifying the existence of such assets.
• Assist the Internal Audit Manager in developing the Audit Universe and Annual Audit Plans.
• Assist the Internal Audit Manager in carrying out any ad-hoc reviews or investigations.
• Reviewing operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned.
• Liaise with External Auditors/Shareholder’s Auditors as required.
• Supervise, motivate and develop Junior Audit Staff.
• Stand in for Audit Manager during his absence.
Intercompany Agreement Reviews
• Periodic evaluation of compliance with Inter-company & shareholder agreements
• Periodic evaluation of transfer pricing policy & practice through inter-company streams
Expectation & Commitment to Safety
• Must be a role model for safety and believe we can "Work Safely or not at all."
• Must embrace the Tenets of Operation as a basis for action and decision making.
• Leads and encourages an active role in positive conscious safety behaviours utilizing BESTT.
• Must encourage teamwork and collaboration to support One Team – One Result- Four All at S-Chem.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Auditing or equivalent
• ACA/CPA/CIA/CISA/CFE added advantage.
• Fluent in applying tools, techniques and business knowledge to a broad variety of audits. Adept in use of Microsoft Office suite and SAP
• Has current, recognized expertise on audit, financial and operational aspects of Petrochemical business, as well as facilitative and consulting skills.
• Possesses a mature perspective of management principles to recognize and evaluate the materiality and significance of deviations from good business practices
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills effective at all levels (support staff up to senior executive)
• Ability to multi-task and meet critical deadlines.
• Ability to manage confidential information and activities.
• Minimum 10 year’s applicable experience in auditing preferably in a Petrochemical or related industry sector.
About the Company
S-Chem is comprised of three legal entities (Saudi Chevron Phillips, Jubail Chevron Phillips, and Saudi Polymers Company). Saudi Chevron Phillips Co. is a large scale benzene production facility in Saudi Arabia. And Jubail Chevron Phillips Co. is an integrated Olefins/Ethylbenzene/Styrene Facility, with Saudi Polymers Company as a world scale facility producing Ethylene, Propylene, Polyethylene, Polypropylene, Polystyrene and 1-Hexane.