Job description / Role
Job Description Summary
Experts focusing on mergers and acquisitions Interprets internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services. Utilizes understanding of industry trends to inform decision making process.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Business experts and project managers focusing on mergers and acquisitions
- Developing expertise within function.
- Growing reputation within the organization. Includes roles that are experts in their discipline, providing professional or thought leadership.
- Influences policy and ensures delivery within own function, linking with other functions of the organization.
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.
- Presents business solutions to leaders in functional area.
- Communicates complex messages and negotiates mainly internally with others to adopt a different point of view.
- Influences peers to take action and may negotiate with external partners, vendors, or customers.
- Has major influence on small business unit, a segment within a larger business unit, a family within a Function or a P&L business segment and has ownership/influence over budgets.
- The role is guided by functional policy. The role influences policy/operating guidelines about important subjects.
- Leads others to find creative solutions to address complex problems that may impact the organization.
- Has the ability to evaluate quality of information received and questions conflicting data for analysis.
- Uses multiple internal and external resources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
- For roles outside of the USA- This role requires significant experience in the Business Development & Digital Business Development.
- Knowledge level is comparable to a Master's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.