Job description / Role
Souq.com an Amazon Subsidiary is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Fashion, Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household Goods, Watches, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
To source brands, build and maintain client relationships, educate and train new sellers. To develop and strategise brands whilst building relationships with various clients. Responsible for managing category strategy and proposition development for new customer acquisition.To source brands, build and maintain client relationships, educate and train new sellers. To develop and strategise brands whilst building relationships with various clients. Responsible for managing category strategy and proposition development for new customer acquisition.
- Overall responsibility to manage and administer Health & Beauty Category for KSA market inline with the strategy defined by Regional Head of Category which includes category management, owning the sales, growth and long term profit and loss. Responsibilities range from product launch, creation and management of supplier vendor networks, driving merchandizing and sales strategies and providing leadership/direction to the BD team involved in managing the Category.
General management of:
- Strategy Implementation
- Strategic vendor relationship management
- Team Management & Development
- Manpower Planning
- Develop selection & price leadership across all sub-categories and brands according to the strategy defined by Regional Director of Category; develop commercial pipeline of suppliers and sign contracts to achieve assigned selection targets and in line with target commercial terms (payment days, margins, rebates, returns, etc.)
- Partner cross-functionally with creative and content departments to define content strategy for product images, copy and product videos. Drives the online content strategy based on customer and competitive insights, brand strategy and e-commerce goals and initiatives and continuously tests changes to determine impact to the overall customer experience and conversion.
- Work with the category managers and buyers on merchandising new products, site promotions, vendor funded initiatives and brand stores
- Review and analyze online competitor site merchandising, promotional execution and tactics, user experience, product representation and taxonomy. Report findings and provide appropriate counter-strategies when appropriate
- Collaborate with marketing, providing inputs for email campaigns, and offsite campaigns
- Responsible for P&L KPIs assigned. Achieve assigned targets on selection, revenues, margin, payment terms and return.
- Leverage Category Analyst's support to analyze category performance, identify gaps and opportunities, and implement corrective actions
- Prepare Buying Plan and Sales Forecast in coordination with KSA General Manager and Regional Head of Category, in accordance with promotional calendar. Prepare weekly "Deal of the Day" Plan in coordination with DOD Team.
- Manage Inventory efficiently in coordination with Finance, Warehouse, Content and DOD Teams.
- Minimum of 4-5 yrs experience in sourcing of lifestyle goods and building brand strategy
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.