Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Saudi Aramco is seeking a Senior Chemicals Advisor for its Downstream Strategies Group in its Strategy & Market Analysis function. This strategy role advises Corporate and Executive Management on strategic matters related to the Chemicals business and guides the development of Saudi Aramco's Downstream strategy and investment plan.
- Advise and guide the development of Downstream strategic goals and plans to the CEO and members of Corporate and Executive Management.
- Act as a focal point for Downstream Strategies Group with the Downstream business in general and Chemicals business in particular, guiding strategic and business planning and ensuring business strategies are aligned with corporate strategies.
- Conduct strategic fit assessments and analyses for chemicals related projects and business development opportunities as well as advise in setting strategic direction and contributing to the Company's investment plan.
- Review Downstream's operating plan and contribute to annual business plan refresh with particular focus on Chemicals to ensure its alignment with the Company's strategy.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, including decision makers in the Downstream business, mainly in chemicals, as well as external stakeholders including consultancies, industry experts, and leading organizations.
- Represent the company at relevant internal and external conferences and seminars and preparing presentations.
- Monitor developments in the Chemicals sector and recommend actions, which could impact the Company's performance and strategy and discern Company implications.
- Benchmark Chemicals performance and related processes, practices and technologies against relevant companies in the region and around the world.
- Initiate research and studies on topics that could impact Downstream Chemicals competitive advantage, preparing analyses and presentations for Corporate and Executive Management and various Committees.
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience in the Chemicals industry with consulting experience in a major international consulting firm.
- Experience in at least one of the following Chemicals sector: Basic Chemicals (Olefins or Aromatics) or Derivatives.
- The candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Financial Management or closely related disciplines from a top-tier institution. In addition, relevant graduate degree is highly desirable.
- Global or multi-national business experience with developed multi-cultural sensitivity.
- Must have experience developing and delivering strategic insights, investment and market analysis, and business strategies for a major integrated downstream business.
- Experience presenting to Corporate and Executive Management, Board of Directors and wider audiences.
- Must have a proven ability to build and maintain positive, effective networks with internal and external stakeholders at all organizational levels.
- Experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams to deliver business strategies and plans is desirable.
- Experience with Mergers & Acquisitions in the Chemicals sector is highly desirable.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, especially with Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills are essential.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.