Job description / Role
Currie & Brown is currently looking to recruit a senior commercial manager for a mixed-use leisure development project in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as a preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Providing accurate cost advice and reporting to our clients
- Managing, leading and co-ordinating a team of cost managers within a live project environment
- Analysing project data efficiently
- Setting up and managing workshops to achieve the required cost savings
- Providing ad-hoc high-level strategic proposals as and when required
- Delivering projects, commissions and professional assignments
- Maintaining effective communication to ensure all information is available for the successful completion of projects; liaising with other managers to ensure efficient financial control
- Undertaking commercial management services with limited supervision
- Delivering all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
- Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner; meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients to form strong working relationships
- BSc in quantity surveying or equivalent
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- A minimum of 15 to 20 years’ technical delivery experience gained within a global construction consultancy
- MEP (mechanical electrical package) post-contract experience
- Experience of providing advice and administering on contractual matters
- Experience of a variety of sectors and projects in excess of $1 billion SAR
- Experience of managing and leading cost management teams within a live project environment
- Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills (both internal and external)
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
About the Company
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the procurement, construction, management and utilisation of their physical assets.
From airports to corporate headquarters, power stations to health and education, leisure and hotel facilities to transportation infrastructure - the sheer range of projects we are involved in gives us a vast breadth and depth of experience. Projects of this kind cannot be tackled with an 'off-the-peg, one-size-fits-all' solution. Instead, we apply flexible working and innovative thinking to provide a value-for-money, tailored solution.
We operate throughout the world and have offices in the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Commercial Manager - Main Contractor
Commercial and Contracts Engineer
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)
Manager – Contracts & Purchasing
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE