Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Senior Construction Manager to join our team.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Organize the on-site project team?
* Adopts a pro-active working and safety policy
* Establishes a good working relationship with all stakeholders across the project team and construction teams
* Adopt a fair and reasonable approach in dealing with contractual disputes
* Provides support and follow-up on issues regarding staff problems
* Ensures quality of the work through implementing inspection procedures
* Provides assistance and support to the project team in technical matters
* Demonstrate proactive awareness and reporting of overall progress of the works, work closely alongside the contractor(s) to mitigate against programme issues
* Maintains regular contact with the PMCM team regarding matters related to costs and programme
* Communicates effectively with the Client and other Stakeholders on all matters that may impact Contract duration or Contract Value
* Advises the Client regarding any contractual matters and provides recommendations for resolving contractual disputes
* Represent WSP as a senior member of the PMCM team and always act in the spirit of collaboration and teamwork
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Have 15 years' industry experience in managing and delivering large and/or complex construction projects (Theme parks and or entertainment), to a high standard and to fast track programmes
* Demonstrate effective leadership and high commitment in order to achieve goals
* Familiar with contractual matters related to construction projects and have a good working knowledge of the FIDIC Red Book
* Previous experience in a PMCM (Programme Management, Construction Management) environment?
* A Bachelors Degree in Construction / Project Management
* Transferable Iqama
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.