Job description / Role
We are currently looking for candidates at various grades Senior Consultant to join our expanding Business Transformation team with experience from Advisory and Consulting firms, who demonstrate a real passion and interest for the built environment. You will have the opportunity to support in the business within multiple sectors (both public and private) across the MEA region.
Be part of our growing Atkins Business Transformation team where we help our clients in the built environment to deliver their big ambitions across the Middle East.
Our Business Transformation team help clients with their organisational challenges to support in the delivery of their strategic plans and corporate visions within the built environment. We achieve this through providing support across three core areas:
- Strategy and Operating Model Design
- Process Improvement
- People Advisory
Your key focus will be to lead day-to-day activity on our engagements, building our Business Transformation business and developing the team. The role is based in KSA.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Contribute to the profitability of our business, through identifying business development opportunities with current and potential clients.
- Identify opportunities for new and integrated services, bringing the best from our global business and our technical domains to our clients in the middle east and beyond.
- Use your knowledge and expertise within specific sectors to develop innovative value propositions.
- Work within both traditional and agile project environments with high degree of ambiguity and a track record of high-quality delivery.
- Steer project execution to deliver agreed upon service aligned with client expectations.
- Project Manage all aspects of time, cost and quality for our consulting projects.
- Manage stakeholders and drive alignment and buy-in for across our projects.
- Build lasting relationships and influence senior colleagues and clients in leading roles.
- Build strong internal relationships across the SNC-Lavalin business.
- Work together with our technical advisors, engineers, planners, commercial consultants to bring integrated offerings to our clients.
- Leverage data and technology to provide innovative solutions to client's challenges.
- Contribute to positioning our Business Transformation services across the middle east through thought leadership development, social media presence.
- Provide guidance, coaching and training to our junior staff; lead people-related initiatives including recruiting and retaining consulting professionals.
- Educated to Degree qualified level or equivalent qualification or experience, degree in Business Management or other related fields is preferable.
Professional Experience / Qualifications
- Overall experience 4-7 years' experience for Senior Consultant
- Experience in the built environment, with specific experience in key capabilities (Strategy, Operating Model Design, Business Process Management, People Advisory, Capital Project Excellence) in Management Consulting and Advisory environments or a relevant position with transferable skill
- Experience in one or several of our key sectors
Strong track record in several of the following areas:
- Target Operating Model development
- Current state assessment, benchmarking, gap assessment against best practice
- Strategy development (at departmental or organisational level), operational planning, performance management
- Mapping customer journey, services, organisational or departmental scope and process framework
- Organisational design, organisational sizing
- Development of departmental roles and responsibilities, job descriptions
- Development of competency frameworks, and conducting competency assessments
- Development of governance frameworks, including committee structure and terms of reference, delegation of authority, three lines of defence
- Development of detailed processes in Visio or ARIS or other BPM tools, standard operating procedures, work instructions improving organisational efficiency
- Strong understanding of one or several of our key sectors
- Planning and Organisational agility: accurately scope length and difficulty of projects, setting realistically aggressive objectives and goals. Compensate for roadblocks and look ahead to see impact on dependent activities, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to analyse data and deliver insightful practical solutions
- Utilize both qualitative and quantitative analysis to solve business problems
- Skills and experience in Engagement Management.
- Demonstrate drive, enthusiasm and commitment to projects while projecting a professional image
- Ability to innovate and apply experiences to create new value-proposition for clients and drive business development initiatives
- Ability to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a proactive manner with a positive attitude
- Function confidently and competently within client environment with positive impact on clients' perception of Business Transformation Service Line
- Show flexibility in tasks and location, and deal well with ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills - written and spoken English is essential (Arabic preferred).
Rewards and Benefits
We work in a hybrid working environment with 08:00 AM to 18:00 PM working hours, promoting work-life balance and are outcome oriented.
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive tax-free salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Program - 24-hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants.
Catch up on sustainability
What does sustainability mean to SNC-Lavalin and what does it look like within engineering and construction?
Read our articles for the latest insight
Find out more
Find out more about life at
SNC - Lavalin
You'll be working to change the world. No matter where you are in the world, your opportunities with us are endless.
We work on global projects that take on today's most pressing challenges. From population growth, to increasing transportation needs, and climate change - we merge ingenuity, knowledge and technology to uplift communities and drive a safer, better tomorrow.
Find out more
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).