Job description / Role
Senior Consultant / Assistant Manager, Financial Accounting Advisory Services, Riyadh
In Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching.
That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) support organizations through a diverse range of services that include accounting and reporting, finance function transformation, transaction accounting, treasury, corporate governance, fixed assets, performance improvement and other services that help organizations navigate evolving business needs, demands for greater transparency and changing regulatory requirements.
We're looking for ambitious people to help drive and support this change while learning about the intricacies of dealing with diverse clients in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
Your key responsibilities
In this role you'll work directly with a wide range of clients across several industries to assess the impact of new accounting standards, proposed transactions or other regulatory changes. Specifically you'll build and maintain strong networks internally and externally in order to grow the pipeline of FAAS work, report directly to Managers, Senior Managers, Directors and Partners at the planning, execution and wrap-up stages of FAAS engagements, coach and mentor junior team members and conduct performance review by contributing to performance feedback for staff and e nsure work is of a high quality, delivered in a timely fashion and in compliance with EY policies.
Working with other EY locations, service lines and specialists to deliver a fully integrated service offering is integral, as is monitoring engagement economics against key financial metrics and managing the appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
- You'll be expected to identify and communicate relevant trends, developments and key performance drivers relevant to the client, consult with appropriate resources on complex accounting issues, ensure that the FAAS work products meet the needs and expectations of clients are clear, accurate and well presented, ensure work is delivered timely and in compliance with regulatory requirements and deliver effective execution of the FAAS service delivery framework.
Skills and attributes for success
- Proactivity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment.
- Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills.
- This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor's degree in accounting and / or finance
- Minimum three years of experience working as an auditor/ financial consultant or technical accounting resource for a public sector entity
- SOCPA/ CPA / ACCA certification
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing processes and techniques
- Proven experience with IFRS and/ or IPSAS
- Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary
- Keen to develop technical and other attributes of assigned team members
Ideally, you'll also have
- Masters or MBA qualification
- Track record with a leading Consulting firm
- Proficiency in the Arabic language
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region