Job description / Role
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
At Amazon we expect no more and no less from you.
Ever since Amazon opened its virtual doors, it has been the aim to become the most customer-centric company in the world.
How is this achieved? By having people like you who make sure that customers find everything that they are looking for online – at great prices and convenience. Both Amazon and sellers who list their products on the site already offer millions of new and used items in a wide range of categories. And this is just the beginning. Come and experience a company that reinvents itself every day.
Immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, expanding and is continuously inventing new efficiencies and offering great opportunity for our customers and for you!
Amazon SA is looking for a smart, enthusiastic, hard-working and creative candidate to join as Senior Category Manager.
The Senior Category Manager will be responsible for developing and owning the strategy for categories at Amazon. Within this role, the individual will have the opportunity establish and maintain strong vendor partnerships, manage category profitability, and identify means to improve the customer experience. We are seeking a seasoned business leader with a broad skill-set which demonstrates analytical horsepower, excellent business judgment, strong vendor management and negotiations skills, deep curiosity to uncover how things work, and a passion for creating a world class shopping experience for our customers. The Senior Category Manager will work with vendors of all sizes and must have the leadership presence and communication skills to represent Amazon at all levels of these organizations. Experience in business analytics, strategic thinking, negotiations and operations are required.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, technology or business with relevant work experience.
· Define strategies to deliver best-in-class customer experience while delivering profitable growth in the retail category
· Develop knowledge of supply/ demand trends and success drivers of your category
· Establish relationships and negotiate agreements/deals with leading manufacturers and brands.
· Drive new product launches and additions in the category
· Execute and lead projects to more efficiently source stock, manage prices, execute promotions
· Collaborate with vendors and merchandizing teams on promotions and marketing initiatives and coordinate with the Merchandising team to execute these activities
· Collaborate with operational teams to ensure healthy inventory levels while managing stock-out/ overstock risk
· Participate in day-to-day operational aspects of the category, including gathering and addressing customer feedback, price monitoring, business improvement initiatives.
· Be an ambassador within the industry and continuously enhance our position.
· Program and/or project management experience, leading large, cross functional efforts
· Experience in a leadership role and people management (both local and remote).
· MBA from top b-school preferred.
· Ability to partner across multiple functional areas and geographic locations.
· Leadership experience attracting, hiring and growing top talent.
· Written and verbal communication skills, with a successful track record of presenting to senior level management.
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; strong bias for action.
· Superior analytical abilities and quantitative skills.
· Comfortable with complex financial data
· High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast paced environment start-up like environment – figuring it out and adapting as you go
· Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
· A willingness to roll up sleeves to get it done
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.