Job description / Role
Whether facing acts of fraud, government investigations or regulatory inquiries, major litigation or transactional disputes, clients turn to EY Forensics for assistance.
Our forensic accountants and technologists, certified fraud examiners, anti-corruption and anti-money laundering specialists work with our clients' legal counsel, internal audit and compliance departments investigating complex issues and developing practical solutions that address operational challenges.
We apply the collective knowledge and insight gleaned from working across industries and geographies to help our clients conduct fraud risk assessments and institute proactive anti-corruption programs. Furthermore, we utilize forensic data analytics that enable corporations to manage risk and regulatory compliance.
A position has arisen for a Cyber Threat Investigation Manager to join the business, supporting the MENA technology team with cyber compromise assessments and other forensic projects. This is an ideal opportunity to develop you career in the consulting space, to work on a diverse portfolio of projects, gaining exposure to a fast - paced market with evolving challenges and opportunities and to support the development of junior team members.
Your key responsibilities
- As a Cyber Threat Senior Consultant, you will investigate threat events detected in client environments, deliver high quality reports to the client, support client teams on remote sites, working closely with their own security incident management elements and support the delivery of long term cyber threat investigation projects, both on site and remotely.
- Where necessary, you may also deploy to client sites to undertake cyber related investigations.
- You will assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders.
- You will also establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships.
- You'll actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives and will consistently drive projects to completion, determining that the work is of high quality.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelors degree in computer science and information security or related discipline, supported by approximately two to four years of related work experience
- An in-depth understanding of computer forensic and cyber security principles including intrusion response and network monitoring
- Working knowledge of hardware configuration and network / data communications, software development and scripting, and database technology and database exploitation / forensics
- Experience with evidence seizure and conducting intelligence analysis
- Ability to automate tasks using a scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Understanding of attacker Indicators of Compromise & Tactics Techniques and Procedures and organizing them so they can be applied to current and future investigations
- Knowledge of Windows, Unix and Mac host based forensics and command line
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to prioritize when working on multiple engagements
- A history of business development and team development success
- The ability to travel to client locations or work extended hours when necessary to respond to client events
- Fluent English and Arabic communication skills
- Skills in Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint
- Proficiency in the Arabic language
Ideally you'll also have
- Formal industry cyber threat qualification such as Advanced Threat Detection and Incident Response, GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst and advance Threat Hunting or GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- An advanced degree or at least one professional certification, such as EnCE, CCE, CCFP, GCFA, GNFA, GCFE, CFCE, GCIH, GREM
- Track record with a leading consulting firm
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What working at EY offers
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.