Job description / Role
SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions - including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction management, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance - to clients across oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure, clean power, nuclear, and property.
SNC-Lavalin's Acuity is the end-to-end advisory business that combines extensive engineering and master planning capability with new structuring, financing and project preparation expertise in the Middle East and Africa. Together, as a global fully integrated professional services and project management company, we combine deep business acumen with engineering expertise from across the SNC Lavalin platform to help clients plan, design and enable major capital projects, and provides expert consultancy that covers the full lifecycle of projects.
We build strong relationships by understanding the challenges clients face, sharing their vision and helping them transform potential into reality. Our world-class expertise at scale delivers value and our depth and breadth of capabilities sets us apart from the competition. Our specialized services can be contracted from niche tasks to megaprojects.
The Financing Group of Acuity is continuously evolving and leverages on changing market conditions and will play an integral role in strategically positioning SNC Lavalin business in the Middle East. Acuity capitalizes on the Group's comprehensive skillsets to help clients ensure their infrastructure and real estate projects are bankable in the international markets through bespoke financial modelling, financial and commercial structuring, and support in capital raising.
Currently serving the Middle East, Africa and the Asia Pacific and Australia regions through two locations in Dubai and Singapore, the Financing Group is expanding its Middle East presence and is looking to hire experienced finance and investment professionals willing to be in the Middle East.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Consultant within our Financing Group. The practice focuses on providing financial and commercial advice to our clients to ensure their infrastructure and real estate projects are commercially viable and bankable in the international market, and to provide our client with an understanding of the economic, regulatory and policy environments in individual markets and their implications on decision making. We also thrive to support our clients navigate and make clear decisions on complex major development projects. The Financing Group within Atkins Acuity provides technically led independent financial advice and our services cover PPP bid advisory, financial modelling and analysis, feasibility and investment viability studies, business case development, value for money analysis, financial structuring, project financing and capital raise support.
Drawing on her/his knowledge and experience, the successful candidate will:
- Build financial models for evaluation of investment and development opportunities and provide inputs for strategic recommendations where appropriate;
- Undertake financial and commercial due diligence to complete investment cases and project feasibility studies;
- Conduct primary and secondary research and data gathering relevant to the industry and sector of the project;
- Plan initial hypothesis and analysis for the project and drive key analysis techniques and tools;
- Present findings and recommendations to senior members of the team as well as to client teams when appropriate;
- Manage the pace and delivery of projects, including day-to-day coordination of internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will grow, develop and lead a team of junior consultants and will align with our people pillars:
- Draw actionable insight from information discussions with clients; develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks;
- Develop end-to-end bid contents and material, present and articulate Atkins Acuity value proposition and assist in generating new business opportunities;
- Assist in the day-to-day delivery of projects, ensuring quality client services, driving high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget;
- Continuously monitor the progress of the project, and confirm key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes;
- Assist in managing client expectations, including team management, client concerns, and service analysis, implementation of solutions and reporting to senior leadership team;
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business;
- Demonstrate initiative for learning and development and demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and our clients to promote cross-learning and improve capabilities;
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring all levels of staff ((identifying training needs where necessary)
Intellectual Property & Proposition Building
- Support the development of Acuity IP and market propositions;
- Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
What We are looking for
The Successful candidate will:
- Have had experience in commercial and financial due diligence work on infrastructure or master development projects;
- Have had previous experience on delivering Highest & Best Use studies for master real estate developments; and thorough understanding of real estate development process;
- Have previous experience of delivering projects through to completion;
- Have worked on developing and managing key client relationships and deal origination capabilities from securing advisory mandates to achieving transaction closure acting on government and private sector transaction in the infrastructure and real estate sectors;
- Have Project Finance knowledge, with understanding of project financial modelling and financing markets, would be highly valued;
- Possess Fluency in both verbal and written English;
- Speak and read Arabic would be advantageous;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good time management;
- Enthusiastic work ethic and willingness to learn new capabilities
To qualify the Candidate must have:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a top-tier advisory firm, real estate consultancy firm, corporate banks and real estate developers;
- University degree preferably majoring in Finance, Economics, and Accounting from reputable overseas and local universities;
- A high-performance professional who can articulate a value proposition, developing business cases / models;
- Basic Financial Modelling skills;
- Be willing and able to travel, when necessary;
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary;
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin;
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24-hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).