Job description / Role
As a Risk Senior, you'll make a significant technical contribution to Risk client engagements and internal projects. Within your role, you'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You'll also identify and escalate potential business opportunities for Ernst & Young within existing engagements.
With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, you'll escalate issues as appropriate. Working closely with colleagues, you'll confirm whether the work plan is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with Ernst & Young's guidelines. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture, coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
• Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
• Help prepare reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
• Build strong internal relationships within Ernst & Young Advisory Services and with other services across the organization
• Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
• Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining Risk professionals
• Contribute to an educational program to continually develop interpersonal and technical skills of staff
• Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
• Technical skills requirements (Amend the following as required)
• Industry related certification (e.g., CPA/CA, CMA, RICS)
• Approximately one to two years' of related work experience
• Related audit or applicable business experience
• Proficiency with MS Office
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Business or other related field
• Public accounting experience
• International business experience preferred
Additional skills requirements
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
• Proficiency in Arabic language skills are highly desirable
Who we are
Risk management protects business performance and contributes to sustainability in results. It's about achieving a clear understanding of risks and developing plans to manage them. As part of our team of risk professionals, you'll work with multinational businesses and public sector organizations to develop an integrated, holistic approach to risk and control. You'll help them benefit from their investments in internal controls and have greater confidence they can respond to whatever the future may hold. You'll be engaged in delivering some of the most significant and class-leading internal audit and risk engagements globally. As part of our market-leading global network of risk professionals, you'll gain the valuable experience you need to become a successful risk advisor. You'll also team with our performance improvement professionals in multidisciplinary engagements with major global clients, helping them transform and sustain their business performance. At Ernst & Young, we recognize that it's the perspectives, skills and enthusiasm you bring to our clients that makes the difference.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.