Job description / Role
The GCC Retail Other Hardlines (OHL) Category team is seeking a bilingual (English and Arabic) creative, goal-oriented and highly analytical Senior Program Manager to focus on elevating the category content experience and drive customer awareness and engagement for OHL across AE and SA.
The senior content program manager role owns the content experience of the respective category across all customer touch-points both on-site and off-site. This role includes a high degree of complexity, detail and responsibility. This role includes a high degree of complexity, detail and responsibility and reports into the director of OHL in the GCC.
In this role, you lead the analysis of customer data to unlock insights; develop and execute action plans to address customer pain-points and opportunities. Own reporting of key category marketing metrics to the leadership team and broader organization in monthly business reviews. You will propose, plan and execute the content plan, new features and products, partnering with business and technical teams to achieve project goals.
Seen by the team and vendors as an expert in their product line and its customer base, the Content Program Manager will actively stay on top of new products, brands, trends and markets and propose strategies for optimizing them from a content and promotional standpoint.
Key responsibilities include:
• Own the design & deployment of merchandizing assets for the other hardlines category
• Experiment & optimize merchandizing assets to increase overall business impact.
• Manage content performance tracking and continuously surface insights for content development and prioritization.
• Manage brand partnerships/activations as part of Amazon tentpole campaigns.
• Support Vendor Managers with annual vendor negotiations and vendor improvement plans.
• Collaborate with top brands to develop strategic marketing plans across the customer funnel.
• Test new vendor marketing incentives and ways to engage brands to drive the flywheel.
• Track and analyze customer needs based on customer behavior across search, browse and purchase.
• Drive category projects and customer experience (CX) improvements across search, browse and detail pages.
• Develop, test and analyze new tactics to increase click through and conversion rates and sharing them within the organization
• Identify content opportunities across new and instock selection
• Engage with Catalogue and respective teams to deliver against IDA score targets
• Proven experience (+9 years) in program management within the e-commerce sector.
• Strong analytical background and attention to detail with ability to use data to measure performance and determine improvements
• A deep understanding of all traffic-driving mechanisms (Email, search, browse, SEO, etc.); actively engaged in optimizing those channels for your business
• An in-depth understanding of merchandising and customer behavior metrics, plus regular use of such data to guide decisions and recommendations
• Strong and persuasive verbal and written communication skills (English and Arabic), including with senior-level leaders
• Customer obsession, always curious about what customer like and want
• Strong organizational, managerial, and communication skills, with proven ability to handle multiple projects and deliver results.
• Strong analytical capability and a solid understanding of success metrics. Ability to think both strategically and tactically.
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams
• University degree in Business, Economics, Marketing or any other related field of study.
• Experience in marketing or CX roles requiring data analysis, process improvements, creative problem solving, and cross-functional collaboration
• Strong proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL, and statistics software
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to analyze data quantitatively and use customer research, data and metrics to back up assumptions, identify opportunities, and assess the efficacy of campaigns
• Experience creating and/or improving operational processes across teams/stakeholders
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.