Job description / Role
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Contract Manager to join our client focused team in Riyadh. You will be accountable for the effective delivery of commercial and procurement services to all operational functions, exceeding the expectation of the client.
Founded in the 15th century, Diriyah was the original home to the House of Saud. In 1745 the city was named the capital, laying the foundations for what would later become a unified Saudi Arabia. In 2021, the site of At-Turaif, the historical centre of Diriyah, was designated a UNESCO Heritage Site.
Diriyah Gate is recognised as the 5th giga-project within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. A total area of over 14 square kilometers. This development will include 38 new hotels and resorts including properties by brands such as Ritz-Carlton, Park Hyatt and Raffles alongside six museums, 26 cultural attractions, more than 400 luxury and lifestyle outlets and over 100 souqs and bazaars.
• The individual will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of the project
• To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
• To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
• Comply with the established commercial, procurement and contractual strategies of the Client body
• Individually or as part of a team operating processes for the selection, appointment, and management of construction and engineering contractors
Cost Planning including:
• Benchmarking experience and taking projects forward from inception is essential
• Preparation of indicative cost budgets and appraisals at both project and program level
• Preparation of elemental cost plans
• Provide advice and opinion in respect of our client development plans and expectations
• Value engineering studies
• Ability to develop and implement robust commercial processes and procedures for the client
• Providing advice on procurement strategy
• Preparing tender documents.
• Managing queries from tendering consultants and contractors
• Managing and contributing to structured and documented tender evaluations
• Preparation of Contract Recommendation Reports
• Tender Compliance
• FIDIC Suite Contracts knowledge
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
• Quantity Surveying degree or a similar construction related degree with extensive technical delivery experience in a similar management role gained within a consultancy or end user client
• Member or Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS or FRICS)
• Previous experience working for RLB (highly desirable)
• 20 years commercial experience; 10 years’ experience within a consultant/ client organization, 5 years’ experience in the GCC
• Excellent client facing and negotiation ability
• Experienced in the management of a commercial team of a mixed abilities
• Ability to work-on and manage others with seamless transition between commercial subjects, which include: Procurement, Budgeting, Commercial Management, Contract Management
• Manage Others – experience in managing clients, other consultants and contractors in addition to members of the commercial team
• Seamless Transition – ability to move from one subject to the other on a continuous basis
• Our projects capture all sectors with the current focus on large scale Entertainment, Leisure, Commercial, Mixed Use, Residential, Healthcare and Education within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s 2030 Vision, therefore experience in these sectors is desirable.
• Experience of managing large and complex projects from inception through to completion with strong feasibility and cost planning experience (Pre-Contract)
• Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal
• Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
• A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
• A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable and flexible
About the Company
RLB's 35-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.
Our extensive expertise covers cost consultancy, project management, facilities management and claims services.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
With 4,600 employees worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.