Senior Contracts Engineer
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
48,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
- Manage the preparation and execution of pre-award and post-award activities
- Administer moderately large and complex contracts
- Manager and implement contract terms and conditions, analyze commercial sections, and coordinate technical scopes of work including interface with all project disciplines (project controls, project management, construction, engineering, Quality, HSE, and client)
- Conduct and maintain a continuing review of the progress of each contract and provide management with information pertaining to any financial, technical, or commercial difficulties
- Participate in proposal development activities including preparation of required proposal response
- Prepare/issue Request for Proposal packages in accordance with the Project Contracting Plan
- Coordinate, chair, and document bid explanation meetings or Request for Proposal meetings for all major scopes of work
- Develop client relationships by establishing and maintaining communications with client representatives and project staff through on-going contact and reports to provide for client satisfaction as well as through superior execution; lead client and contractor presentations and meetings
- Participate in the pre-qualification process of subcontractors; monitor and track subcontractors' compliance to Fluor's Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE), Quality, and Finance procedures currently in place
- Prepare bid evaluation plans for construction Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Participate in the bid evaluation (technical and commercial), and award recommendation as required.
- Prepare, maintain, retrieve, and communicate records, reports, or documents that may be required to meet corporate and Contract Management requirements
- Perform contracts project set-up
- Provide input to Project Final Report
- Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
- Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and local standards
- Other duties as assigned
Decision Making Authority and Accountability:
Responsible for negotiation and agreement of all commercial/contractual aspects of contracts, as determined by the Program Contracts Manager, with the exception of Terms and Conditions.
The position requires solid decision-making capabilities, and the candidate shall be able to work independently and require limited supervision.
All internal key stakeholders including Technical/Engineering Team, Quantity Survey, HSE, Quality and Project Management.
Design/Engineering Consultant, Construction Supervision Consultant, Construction Contractor and Client
Typical Minimum Qualifications - Related Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and minimum ten (10) years of work-related experience
- Minimum of (3) years with a recognized international Company, dealing with Government Contracts Regulations in the KSA.
- Must be fluent in Arabic & English.
- Solid knowledge of applicable local laws, regulations, and Governmental guidelines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, contractors, and visitors.
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.