Job description / Role
Title: Senior Contracts Manager
Division: Quantity Surveying
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reporting to: Associate – Project Lead
Rider Levett Bucknall has had a local presence in the Middle east for over 30 years. Commencing practice in Saudi Arabia in 1982. Since 2007, we have grown rapidly and now have offices throughout the MENA Region.
The Quantity Surveying Team proactively manage all commercial aspects of the clients project, dealing with the Employers Representative, main contractor and various consultants on a daily basis. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service to our clients and enjoy long term relationships with the majority.
We are a department focused specifically on the delivery of one project that consists of multiple venues and as a direct result of the departments proactive service delivery, a requirement has arisen for a specialist in advising the client on financial and legal matters arising as the works progress.
Overview of Role:
- We are currently recruiting a Senior Contracts Manager to join our site based, client focused team in Riyadh.
- This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen our Commercial Team.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility for providing all core Contract Management services on a unique project.
- The individual will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established commercial/procurement/ contractual strategies
- Individually or as part of a team operate processes for the selection, appointment and management of construction and engineering contractors
- Promote commercial awareness throughout project
- Support formal dispute resolution process and contract close out strategy as required
- Advising and liaising with internal project and cost control team
- Weekly preparation of commercial reporting to demonstrate progress and raise awareness of potential issues with Contractor and Consultant Contracts
- Attendance of meetings to represent RLB is discussions related to Contract issues
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline
- Strong technical delivery experience
- MRICS or membership of other relevant professional body will be ideal but not essential
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
- Experience of providing post contract services
- Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
- Negotiate and agree contract sums
- Agreeing post contract variations
- Chairing progress meetings
- Able to build long-term relationships
- Previously employed by a consultancy or end user client
- Stakeholder management with a clear focus on developing client accounts
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritizing workloads and delivering deadlines
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
About the Company
RLB's 35-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.
Our extensive expertise covers cost consultancy, project management, facilities management and claims services.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
With 4,600 employees worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.