Job description / Role
- The Senior Contracts Specialist is responsible for preparing, reviewing and administering contracts within the Region.
- Prepare reviews and administer contracts throughout the project lifecycle, starting from proposal development to project delivery and project hand-over.
- Provide expert contractual advice and support to teams, including addressing contractual matters and resolving disputes, as needed.
- Support the Senior Manager - Contracts by preparing K&A's contractual risk Assessment from contracts in the Region and develops mitigation measures to address identified risks.
- Review Claims/Variations and conclude the response to the Senior Contracts Manager(Region
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management
- Master's Degree in Construction Management or Construction Law is an advantage
- Familiarity with local laws regulating the engineering / construction sectors in Saudi Arabia including old/new Government tender & procurement laws.
- Knowledge of risk management strategies
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic
- 5-10 years of industry experience in the Contracts Management
- 5-10 years of experience in the Architecture, Engineering and Planning Industry in a top tier regional / multinational engineering consultancy firm, specifically in a contracts / contracts administration role
- Experience with standard conditions of contract, including such conditions as those developed by the FIDIC,
- Experience in negotiating, writing, and interpreting terms, conditions, and requirements of contractual agreements
- Proven Experience in evaluating and settling claims, and managing disputes
- Exposure to global best practices and trends in the Architecture, Engineering and Planning Industry, in particular related to contracts
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).