Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITY
• Technically qualified and experienced staff for implementation of project controls best practices to support the project management team to execute projects on time, on budget, and to specification.
• Utilize Worley(and/ Client) WBS & associated CoA to produce reports, track & forecast costs and overall work performance
• Displays efficient and cost effective management of duties - prepare and present efficient written analysis of TIC cost variance
• Effective and result oriented, interfacing with the PM and/or departments to perform job efficiently
• Assigning and reviewing work of subordinate cost and planning staff
Job Specific Knowledge:
• Sound understanding of project delivery phases, activities performed in each phase, and deliverables at the end of each phase - Constructability & VIP reviews/ Cost Estimate/ Execution Plan / PFD / P&ID / HAZOP / 3-D Equipment and Piping Model / Plot Plan / SLD / Ortho's & Isometric production / E, I&C Installation drawings / Loop Drawings / CWP / etc,
• Strong knowledge of, and the interrelationship of a good technical project scope definition, quality of the schedule and estimate, construction sequence and execution, procurement and contracting strategies, commissioning and start up
• Capable of developing and maintaining a control budget and forecast for engineering services - including changes, trends, CPI / MPI, etc
• Capable of developing and maintaining a control budget and forecast - including materials and sub-contracts
• Understanding of financial interface for expenditures, revenue recognition, invoicing, cash flow / cash calls
• Capable of developing contingency worksheet and drawdown curves
• Full understanding of cross-functional interfaces with, and deliverables engineering, procurement - materials & sub-contracts, estimating, cost management, construction & commissioning, safety, quality, finance/accounting, and document control
• Capable of managing impact of change & trends and resulting cost re-baselines and forecasts
• Working knowledge of Earned Value Measurement in engineering, procurement & construction
• Strong experience with Cost Measurement tools, Progress and Performance Measurement tools (including Time Management systems)
• Possess extensive experience in progress measurements and progress reporting for engineering, procurement and construction
• Ability to work well as an integral part of a large project team that includes the customer, engineering disciplines, construction management team, and 3rd party suppliers
• Capable of developing and delivering a professional presentation in slide show, report and verbal format for an audience of 5 persons
• Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
• Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, individuals both inside and outside the project team
• Strong work ethic, produces accurate and credible deliverables, meet deadlines
Industry Specific Experience:
• Progressive experience to include a supervisory experience and extensive experience in TIC cost management, earned value & risk analysis, performance measurement, and milestones & project auditing.
• Demonstrates awareness of health, safety & environment issues (including current government (federal and provincial) legislations); takes action to ensure zero harm to all employees, customers, contractors and the environment.
• Clear understanding of the obligation of the employer and employee related to HSE incidents / accidents in the workplace
• Must be proficient in custom reporting software, project and portfolio tools such as Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, etc
• Excellent leadership skills and ability to influence, mentorship skills, and relationship building skills
• Superior interpersonal, organizational, analytical, managerial and communication skills.
• Proven methodology development skills, curriculum development and review skills, as well as presentation and facilitation skills
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.