Job description / Role
Project: A large mixed-use development programme.
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking senior cost manager to join our established and growing team in KSA.
To be working in a client facing role and responsible for leading our fee proposal, developing the clients’ strategy through to managing the delivery through the extended professional team of local and international consultants and contractors.
To work alongside the senior management team in the development, implementation and management of controls and commercial procedures.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring the application of value management techniques at the outset of a project involving existing protocols and systems.
• Managing the procurement process and ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively.
• Ensuring that post contract cost variances, change control, cost checking and valuation processes are managed effectively.
• Ensuring the production of monthly post contract and cost reports and presenting them to the client.
• Value engineering and life cycle costing.
• Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed.
• Taking a lead role in interfacing with clients, external and internal consultants at all project stages.
• Directing and motivating a multi-cultural team and ensuring all commercial objectives are delivered.
• With a relevant degree qualification, chartered or pursuing a similar level of professional qualification will be viewed favourably.
• You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams.
• You will have a construction or cost consultancy or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.