Job description / Role
Will lead all aspects of working with customers & internal teams to troubleshoot issues, perform investigations, implement corrective actions and develop risk mitigation strategies across the PS portfolio of Balance of Plant products including Steam, gas, HRSG, Boilers, BMS and Electrical issues.
- Provide engineering leadership and technical guidance new installation, outage and upgrades and Plant operations in Saudi to meet safety, quality, and timeliness goals.
- Partner with the Design Engineering teams and interface with external and internal suppliers to facilitate the logistical implementation of Fleet Program technical solutions.
- Respond to internal and external customer requests for technical issue resolution, using technical product knowledge and analytical skills while adhering to sound engineering principles, standards, practices, procedures.
- Escalate issues as required, acting as the liaison between field and design engineering to drive specific technical resolution and to help engineering identify, drive corrective actions.
- Plan and provide engineering technical oversight to the Contractual Services and Field Services teams during planned outages to meet reliability and availability goals.
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers to make customer technical issues/requirements understood and addressed in a timely manner.
- Lead and program manage root cause analysis/investigation activities for product technical issues. Interface with Product Service, System and Design Engineering teams, providing technical leadership to personnel supporting project assigned to resolve customer technical issue.
- Prepare technical presentations for GE Leaders and Customers ensuring the timely communication of significant issues or developments.
- Support customer technical review meetings and present recommendations to champion GE's commitment technical solution
- Support unplanned/forced outages to meet reliability/availability goals
- Travel to customer location support customer technical review meetings and present recommendations
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Controls/Instrumentation)
- 8+ experience in installation/ commissioning/ maintenance of GE gas turbines and/or generators
- Extensive experience with power plant design and upgrades, including system analysis and testing
- Strong working knowledge of various GE GT/ST, BOP equipment, heavy duty gas turbine & steam turbine
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time-
- Experience in a matrix leadership environment;
- Prior experience in a field engineering or customer service facing role
- Experience working in global, matrix organization; ability to make timely and sound decisions based on data.
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
- Flexible to work off hours and weekends to support emergency issue resolution.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers..
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.