Job description / Role
• Provide Civil Engineering discipline support to Construction and Project management group on the design and construction of various public and private infrastructure projects.
• Particular emphasis is on the design of streets and roads, site design, grading, drainage, potable water, sanitary sewers, reclaimed water, irrigation utilities.
• Experience in civil engineering design and resolving conflicts with utilities and grading and drainage design issues.
• Performs the Civil Engineering review of Improvement plans, contract specifications, construction estimates and engineering studies.
• Expected to know good Civil engineering design practices and procedures.
• Will be involved in conceptual Civil engineering design, master planning of utilities, street and highway design, pump station and culvert design, writing memorandums to management, and coordination of existing and new infrastructure.
• An undergrad degree in Civil Engineering from a western university with minimum of 15 years post-graduate professional experience.
• Professional/Chartered Engineer license is required.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
Specific technical requirements are:
• Experience in site development, design of roads and utilities for large residential, industrial and commercial areas.
• Experience with potable/fire water, sanitary sewer and wastewater collection and handling systems.
• Must have 7 years’ experience in the design of streets and highways, residential subdivisions, industrial business parks, commercial and retail centers. Design should include the design of sewer, water and drainage utilities.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, Water and sewer and drainage calculations and modeling systems, mass grading, earth work modeling, ASHTO Highway design manual, State and local design criteria design of roads and utilities.
• KSA experience a plus
• Experience in work with and for local municipality in the design and coordination of infrastructure improvements.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Resident Engineer