Job description / Role
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a senior design manager for a mixed-use residential and leisure development in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as a preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
• Reviewing designer performance
• Undertaking and supporting design reviews
• Signing off design stage gateways
• Advising on procurement routes where design activities are required, for example whether it is suitable for a project to be procured as design and build or build only in terms of design complexity and risk
• Managing improvements in the design supply chain
• Assisting project leads and project managers in relation to design matters
• Liaising with other stakeholders regarding suitable design maturity
• Developing processes and procedures to optimise project delivery
• Degree in architecture or a construction industry-related subject
• A minimum of ten years’ postgraduate experience in the construction industry
• Experience of working on residential and leisure projects in the Middle East
• Chartered engineer status with one of the following institutions:
- CIBSE, IMechE, IET, IChemE or in the process of achieving chartered status within 12 months, or a qualified architect.
• Design management experience, either in the role of design manager within an organisation or project lead managing the multidisciplinary design for a project or number of projects
• Ability to adapt processes and procedures to best suit the particular project requirements
About the Company
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the procurement, construction, management and utilisation of their physical assets.
From airports to corporate headquarters, power stations to health and education, leisure and hotel facilities to transportation infrastructure - the sheer range of projects we are involved in gives us a vast breadth and depth of experience. Projects of this kind cannot be tackled with an 'off-the-peg, one-size-fits-all' solution. Instead, we apply flexible working and innovative thinking to provide a value-for-money, tailored solution.
We operate throughout the world and have offices in the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.