Senior Design Manager
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Project: This is an opportunity to work on one of the largest programmes in Saudi Arabia. This unique project will consist of major mixed-use development including sports facilities, entertainment, and arts along with all associated infrastructure.
Mace is currently bidding for one of the several delivery partner roles which will require high-calibre and experienced people to lead integrated teams throughout each phase of the project.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring the team's full compliance with Mace's scope of the project.
• Managing and being fully accountable for the entire project.
• Directing and managing your subordinates in a professional, inclusive and caring manner.
• Establishing project strategies, agreed with the client, and ensuring these are captured in the project execution plan and other plans as required and are communicated, understood, and complied with.
• Be a leader for matters in relation to health, safety, and wellbeing on the project at all stages.
• Ensuring the project planning and monitoring of the progress is in line with the strategic goals and in compliance with Mace procedures. Ensure reporting of issues is accurate and timely.
• Ensuring the project team develops all necessary project plans and keeps them updated and relevant over the course of the project.
• Ensuring project budgets are managed and matters of concern are raised to the client, with recommendations and strategies for VE or remedies of problems where possible.
• Ensuring quality systems are in place and suitably managed and monitored.
• Managing and chairing relevant senior meetings, ensuring these are recorded as required.
• Ensuring the team effectively communicates with all project parties/stakeholders and ensures suitable records are maintained.
• Encouraging the team's involvement in mace foundation, responsible business and other such initiatives, all in line with Mace vision.
• Ensuring the Mace account is always administered in a timely manner and all debt is managed.
• Be proactive in managing the happiness and well-being of your team.
• The key technical capabilities required to perform the role well are outlined below.
• You are a strong communicator and presenter, you must ensure the team works in a collaborative manner, acting inclusively, whilst leading by example, you are able to persuade and influence the project team to make effective and timely decisions.
• You are always comfortable and able as the primary interface with clients and stakeholders in line Mace core values.
• You are an honest, trustworthy, approachable, and respected leader, you motivate the team to be creative and innovative - proactive in utilising new technology and exploring a ‘better way’ and also motivate the team to consider sustainability and social responsibility goals as they fulfil their role and make plans and decisions.
• You are entrepreneurial and commercially minded seeking new opportunities for Mace.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.