Job description / Role
Mace is an inclusive employer and welcomes interest from a diverse range of candidates. Even if you feel you do not fulfil all of the criteria below, please apply as you may still be the best candidate for this role or another role within our organisation. Should you require any adjustments to assist during the application/hiring process please advise us.
Project: This is an opportunity to work on one of the largest programmes in Saudi Arabia. This unique project consists of major mixed-use development including sports facilities, entertainment, and arts along with all associated infrastructure.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Managing and ensuring design management is consistent across projects or phases.
• Ensuring design management function is aligned with other PMC functional targets.
• Ensuring that reporting and progress reporting are aligned with PMC reporting requirements.
• Monitoring, reviewing, and reporting on consultant’s and/or contractor design progress.
• Ensuring designs are developed in compliance with project briefs.
• Ensuring consultants are fulfilling contractual obligations for scope and deliverables.
• Ensuring design consultants are working to ensure projects are on time, and on budget.
• Ensuring BIM management is integral to the programme and ongoing.
• Ensuring scope change is monitored and managed in accordance with change protocols.
• Ensuring client and 3rd party reviews are scheduled and aligned with the programme.
• Ensuring client and statutory approvals are built into the programme.
• Ensuring detailed and/or peer reviews are scheduled if required.
• Ensuring value engineering workshops are scheduled and participated in.
• Managing constructability reviews are scheduled and participated in.
• Managing the preparation of consultant scopes and project briefs.
• Supporting procurement in the preparation of RFP/ITT packages.
• Advising on consultant selection and appointment.
• Evaluation of consultant variations and claims in connection with design.
• Reviewing consultant and/or contractor design submissions and progress reports.
• Oversight and participating in key design and technical review workshops.
• Challenging and supporting the design teams to ensure design solutions are optimised.
• Utilising company resources efficiently to accomplish assigned work.
• Identifying and managing design-associated risks, mitigation strategies, and/or escalation.
• You have relevant sector-specific knowledge, including industry standards and terms of reference.
• You have knowledge of RIBA or other international plans of work, and alignment with WBS.
• You have experience with BIM and BIMM requirements over the project lifecycle and WBS.
• You have the ability to interrogate programmes and critical paths, understanding client governance requirements for design stage approvals.
• You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams.
• You must have experience in programme or project management equating quality and value with the individual clients and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
Apply now for a confidential discussion.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
V3 Middle East Engineering Consultants Co.
|Saudi Arabia||17 Sep|
Technical Manager - Architecture & Interior Design
Design Manager - Hospitality