Job description / Role
• Coordinate and oversee all technical activities relating to architectural and engineering projects, including directing the design team, reviewing drafts and computer models, and approving design changes.
• Communicate directly with managers, production staff, marketing personnel, and clients to discuss and organize projects from original conceptual design through construction.
• Present design proposals and bids to clients according to prescribed deadlines, and explain relevant details, reports, expense line items, and goals in clear and persuasive language.
• Provide consultations and spearhead negotiations with potential clients during the project development and bidding phases.
• Assess potential projects for feasibility by researching and analyzing associated technology, design requirements, governmental regulations, and market demand.
• Oversee recruitment efforts to staff project teams with architectural and engineering personnel as needed and provide top-level management for all design and engineering teams.
• Remain up-to-date with current and trending elements of design, construction, and technology by reading industry publications, manuals, and textbooks and attending professional development courses and events as time permits.
• Innovate and develop new standards, policies, and procedures for architectural design and engineering work as necessary to minimize costs and maximize efficiency.
• Bachelor’s degree in architectural engineering or related discipline, plus minimum five years experience, including AutoCAD drafting
• Excellent written and oral communication skills along with presentation techniques
• Ability to effectively lead and inspire a team
• Strict adherence to deadlines
• Professional Engineer licensure
• LEED certification and understanding of sustainable design
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering