Senior Design Manager (Opera House)
Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Senior Design Manager with experience on an Opera House project to join our ongoing mixed-use development in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Manage all aspects of concept and detail design related to the Opera House and related landmark projects.
* Provide effective design management input, review, consultation and advise to the client, to ensure the full intent of these iconic landmarks are realised.
* Manage the integration of the design and all related elements into the Masterplan, through the effective coordination of all design efforts with the Lead Design Consultant
* Provide effective support into the drafting of design guidelines, briefs, and scope of works
* Ability to effectively manage and review all design submissions through the RIBA Stages, providing review comment and managing the change process.
* Work as part of a multi-discipline development team, to ensure all design and masterplanning efforts are well coordinated and integrated.
* Drive all design efforts to stated programme and scheduled deliverables, costs and quality.
* Track and provide regular updates and feedback to Project Controls and Management.
* Ensure all designs are aligned to achieving stated and best local, international practices from an Environmental & Sustainability perspective.
* Responsible for driving excellence in health and safety, ensuring that risks are minimized in the design process.
* Ensure technical resources / design managers are managed effectively, and fully understand deliverables, requirements, and client-desired outputs.
* Ensure design teams adopt and make effective use of standards and practices.
* Ensure required quality checking / approval procedures are carried out.
* Coordinating and liaising on a daily basis internally and on a regular basis with design team to manage options, proposals and recommendations for the landmarks and associated buildings. buildings.
* Support the Design Director and Project Director as required for the overall programme delivery.
* Prepare Client reports on quality of design team submittals against Contract - coordinating WSP staff and SMEs who are commenting on the submittals - and support approval of same through Client process.
* Review and report on design programmes from external consultant for major Landmarks.
* Chair design team progress meetings and report progress against programme and quality to Client / internally.
* Ensure possible value engineering ideas are identified to cut costs / time and provide recommendations.
* Manage and approve all proposed VE options.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* 25 years experience in major urban mixed-use architectural projects, preferably in KSA itself or the GCC region, with experience working on an opera house, auditoriums, and landmark design.
* Degree in architecture, civil engineering, or similar relevant discipline.
* Member of a relevant professional body such as RIBA or AIA.
* Excellent leadership skills and ability to delegate and coordinate responsibilities.
* Strong conflict resolution/management skills.
* Strong team player with the ability to balance conflicting priorities and take timely decisions.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
What's in it for you?
What if we can? What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.