Job description / Role
Due to the continued success of our Saudi Arabia office, Rider Levett Bucknall is currently seeking a Senior Design Project Manager to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity for high calibre individuals to join and strengthen the commercial section of the Project Management and Cost Management Division.
A background in a tier 1 PMC is essential as successful candidates will be also expected to contribute to the on-going success of the team by spotting and pursuing new opportunities to grow the business. Proven tact and diplomacy in dealings with client organizations in the Middle East is essential.
This will be an extremely rewarding role working for a company with excellent growth plans in the Middle East. The Project comprises a high-end mixed-use portfolio of projects on a single master plan located in Riyadh, KSA comprising leisure and entertainment, residential and infrastructure assets. This commission will require 6-day week working.
• Function that manages the overall design process aligned to programme deliverables and gateways
• Shapes, informs, and delivers the Design Strategy to enable the Client Representative to make timely and effective decisions
• Integrates build-ability to shape the procurement strategy to deliver program value
• Establishes and implements a set of integrated policies, procedures, tools and systems to consistently execute, monitor and measure design across the program
• Coordinate interfaces and provide continuity across program
• Enable the client to make value decisions relating to design choices
• Prepare design management strategies
• Review and approve detailed design programmes
• Lead decision making within Design Team where necessary
• Monitor progress against design programme, identify areas of slippage, delay or conflict and plan to mitigate.
• Audit completeness of design information through gap analysis and design validation reports
• Establish task ownership within design team
• Receive, review, comment, track and report against the Contractor’s design deliverable documents
• Manage the process of Request For Information (RFI)/Technical Queries (TQ) ensuring the Design Team respond in the allotted time to support the delivery programme
• Ensure that all pre-requisite activities relating to design, shop drawings and material approvals are achieved in time to support the delivery programme
• Degree in Project Management, Construction Management or an Engineering discipline is essential.
• Full membership of a Professional Body (RICS/CIOB/APM) is desirable.
• A minimum of 15 years’ technical delivery experience gained within consultancy and contracting organisations.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Design Manager working on post-contract design delivery, managing the process of information release schedules produced by the Contractors, coordinating technical issues that arise on site and managing the RFI/TQ process.
• Middle East experience is essential.
• Ability to identify and develop potential opportunities to secure more business for RLB KSA.
• Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
• Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
• A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines.
• A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable and flexible.
• Western educated candidates preferred.
About the Company
RLB's 35-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.
Our extensive expertise covers cost consultancy, project management, facilities management and claims services.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
With 4,600 employees worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.