Job description / Role
* Assume responsibility for curriculum development and curriculum delivery projects and tasks.
* Value multiple intelligences to allow people develop own skills through self-motivation.
* Design innovative, inspirational and student centric learning materials.
* Support other curriculum development and delivery staff in meeting overall targets and goals.
* Apply modern pedagogical theories and practices
The post holder is responsible for the following:
* Develop, modify, and continuously improve, course outlines, curricula, evaluation procedures, and
instruments of assessment.
* Develop electronic teaching and learning materials for NMA Virtual Learning Environment.
* Identify, prepare and organise course materials and learning resources for course delivery.
* Instruct and help students learn. Provide academic assistance in a variety of learning situations.
* Counsel students with respect to academic progress and assist them in obtaining appropriate
counselling for non-academic matters.
* Assist in organising and monitoring work placements.
* Assist with student/industry liaison, including activities which will promote job placement and
* Remain current in area of professional expertise and in teaching methods.
* Maintain liaison with the community, related industry/agencies and other professionals.
* Prepare purchasing requisitions and participate in maintaining an inventory of capital and
* Maintain program equipment, laboratory/workshop/simulator facilities and materials to ensure a safe and organized work environment.
* Prepare and maintain all course-related records including evaluation, attendance records, and submit information as required.
* Assist Quality Manager in creating systems and processes to streamline operations
* Maintaining calendars, generating correspondence, maintaining hard copy and electronic files, planning and coordinating annual corporate meetings, and scheduling facilities.
* Ensure performance targets within the area of responsibility are met.
* Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them, and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications
* Participate in all duties relating to the teaching and learning process.
* Participate in the development, evaluation of teaching, learning and assessment materials
The post holder must hold the following:
* HND Nautical Science
* MCA issued Management Level CoC in Deck.
* A native speaker of English or in possession of a valid Academic IELTS certificate at Band 8.0 or above
* Management level experience of working on board merchant ships.
* Recognises need for change and proactively seeks to learn and self-develop.
* Takes direction well, however, proactively takes appropriate action without requiring continued direction.
* Values human potential and enables growth and skills development.
* Constantly develops own emotional intelligence and advances understanding of multiple intelligences.
* Effectively manages multiple deadlines and priorities.
* Team player with the client, entire project team and contractor.
* Strong analytical skills.
In return you will receive:
* Basic Salary - £41,262 per annum
* Market Premium - £8,472 per annum
* Overseas allowance - £10,008 per annum
* Pension Allowance - 9% of basic salary + Market Premium
* Travel Allowance - 50,900 SAR per annum (paid quarterly) (Current exchange rate equates to £9792 per annum
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results