Job description / Role
• Senior DevOps engineer and system administrator expert responsible for installation/configuration, operation, monitoring, upgrading/patching, maintenance, and documentation of information systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure.
• Develop new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts, and testing procedures to ensure operational and project reliability.
• Establish documented procedures and guidelines for the installation and management of the server computer operating systems, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, and other resources in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Install, configure, modify, and maintain applications, packages, and other software on server computer systems.
• Apply software patches and upgrades on a regular basis as needed. Develop and maintain installation, configuration, and other procedures.
• Provide server support related to application installation, configuration, and maintenance.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Ensures that records of system anomalies and equipment inventory are properly maintained.
• 8 years experience MINIMUM administering Linux based systems.
• 6 years experience monitoring and maintaining farms of Linux servers and clusters.
• 6 years experience successfully deploying and maintaining open source infrastructure technologies across a wide variety of purposes.
• 6 years experience taking backups and conducting restores of servers.
• 6 years experience working with Linux command line and Linux scripts.
• 4 years maintaining an environment relying upon automated builds and continuous integration, deployment, and delivery.
• 4 years experience building file server clusters using glusterfs, ceph, or others.
• 4 years experience supporting servers hosting tomcat, PostgreSQL.
• 4 years experience with hosting and monitoring REST web services.
• 2 years experience developing complicated scripts using bash, python, perl, or others.
• 4 years working in an organization deeply adhering to the Scrum methodology.
• 4 years producing documentation and artifacts related to the administration of systems, e.g. design documents, UML diagrams, proof-of-concepts.
About the Company
Saudi Networkers is one of the largest consultancies providing services to ICT, Oil & Energy, Technology, Engineering, Banking, Finance and Healthcare arena across Middle East & Africa, covered by teams, specialized in their assigned industry sector.
Saudi Networkers founded in 2001 and has excelled ever since in providing cost effective solutions to the biggest multinational companies in MEA region with very high standards of quality whilst adhering business ethics and meeting our clients expectations.
Today, SNS Group is one of the leading consultancies, with more than 1700+ employees worldwide, ISO 9001:2008 certified and is highly regarded.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Peg B Technology
Arab Payment Services (APS)
Senior DevOps/DevSecOps Consultant
Saudi Networkers Services (SNS Group)