Job description / Role
The main purpose of this position is to monitor Vehicles Dispatch activities, coordinating with Operations for any changes or extra requirements, to follow up on Vehicle status and maintenance activities and to monitor subordinates attendance and other personnel related issues.
• Reviews and approvers the daily dispatch plans.
• Approves allocation of standby vehicles and Drivers, as per request from City Cleaning Operations.
• Follows up on daily Vehicle Dispatch activities, providing related report to the Vehicle Control Manager.
• Prepares Fleet Performance Report, providing recommendations for improvement, to be submitted to the Vehicle Control Manager
• Coordinates with the Fleet Control on matters related to fleet maintenance and repairs referring to the VCR prepared by the Drivers.
• Follows up and reports accidents and repetitive breakdowns to the Vehicle Control Manager.
• Coordinates with the Governmental Affairs and Fleet Control sections regarding the yearly mechanical inspection of all the vehicles, to set the needed schedules.
• Follows up with the Car Wash Foreman on number of vehicles washed per day.
• Follows up with the Communication Technician regarding radios’ status and maintenance.
• Follows up on drivers complaints in coordination with the VC Controller.
• Reports major shortfalls or breach of regulations to the VC Controller, providing necessary information for inspections, suggesting necessary disciplinary action.
• Responsible for complying with the applicable HSE procedures, instructions, requirements, laws, regulations from customers, regulatory and statutory bodies and those applicable to his/her job requirements
• Responsible for reporting to his/her superiors’ occurrences, events, violations and acts that may affect the environment, health, safety and company reputation.
• Performs other tasks and activities as requested.
Complies with the Health & Safety instructions:
• Responsible in exercising due diligence towards health & safety of self & others in the organization
• Responsible to comply with the applicable HSE procedures, instructions, requirements, standards received from regulatory and statutory bodies
• Responsible for reporting to superior occurrences, events, violations and acts that may impact staff health and safety or the environment
PERFORMANCE MEASURES/SUCCESS CRITERIA
• Monitors Vehicles Dispatch activities, coordinating with Operations for any changes or extra requirements.
• Follows up on Vehicle status and maintenance activities.
• Monitors subordinates attendance and other personnel related issues.
• High School certificate or equivalent
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field in a similar supervisory role
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Good in English
• Arabic language is desired
• Good communication skills
• Good computer skills – MS proficient
• Ability to work under harsh conditions
• Ability to supervise a number of subordinates
• Planning and Organizing
• Reliability and Trustworthiness
• Self-Commitment and Motivation
• Team Building and Collaboration
• Customer Focus
About the Company
Averda is the leading provider of waste management services to emerging markets. For over 35 years, Averda has been continuously improving living and working environments for millions of people by providing effective and transformative city cleaning and waste management services.
Averda was built on the idea that clean streets are one of the cornerstones of growth and prosperity, delivering safer, healthier environments for communities to flourish.
As urban populations continue to boom across Africa, Asia and the Middle East, Averda is uniquely placed to work with fast-growing countries to develop long-term and sustainable waste management solutions for cities and expanding urban centres.