Job description / Role
- Specialist in Solid Waste Management (SWM) processes as well as Waste Characterization
- Applications and System Components.
- Plan, schedule and provide work direction for the preparation of SWM design, processes, reports etc.
- Support activities related to the sourcing, screening and analyzing various vendor offers, estimation and verification of Operation and Maintenance costs, life cycle management of SWM processes.
- Support for proposal preparation and bidding; contract formation and execution phases; financial modeling for CAPEX and OPEX of SWM processes.
- Building a business model for revenue generation through material recovery and recycling processes in SWM.
- Waste segregation & minimization; Identification and Separation of Hazardous Waste; Environmental Protection, Health & Safety of human resources involved in SWM, Avoiding landfill of Waste.
- Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF) & Solid Recovered Fuel (SRF) preparation for further thermochemical or bio-chemocal conversion processes.
- Interaction with development team members, vendors/suppliers for possible engagement, joint ventures, consortiums, mergers and acquisitions.
- Fleet management of solid waste collection trucks; Preventive, routine maintenance, replacement plan of SWM tools and equipment.
- Creating new business opportunities in SWM for the company while also providing support for Biomass and Municipal Solid Waste to Energy business where
Thermochemical (Incineration, Combustion, Gasification, Pyrolysis) as well as Biochemical (Anaerobic Digestion of animal waste or agricultural waste or sewage waste ) conversion processes or Landfill Gas Recovery processes are involved.
- Subject matter expert for SWM with expertise from Tendering to realization of projectincluding EPC, O&M and lifecycle estimation support.
- Review of project tender documents for bid preparation.
- Approach OEMs/Vendors/Contractors/Technical solution providers for partnering in bids to ensure bid qualification requirements and necessary technical solutions are provided.
- Preparation of Clarifications / Deviation during pre-bid and post-bid stages.
- Pre-Bid Design / Preparation of Bill of Quantities for various packages in SWM.
- Preparation of RfP/RfQ for process, detail engineering services and equipment supply; Evaluation of vendor’s quotations, clarifications, Technical Bid Analysis etc.; Review of vendor’s documents, drawings, datasheets, specifications and calculations.
- Techno-commercial evaluation and comparison of quotes/offers received from OEM/Vendors/Suppliers/ Subcontractors.
- Estimate costs; prepare justifications; and complete expenditure requests as required.
- Preparation of consolidated and detailed cost of the project including Material, Labor & Equipment Cost.
- Process and detail engineering planning and scheduling; Resource Optimization, assigning responsibilities to Engineers & Draftsmen, and monitoring to meet the project schedule with resource optimization
- Interface with other disciplines of engineering like civil, mechanical, electrical, control and instrumentation.
- Prepare and ensure Division of Responsibilities among process and engineering staff, coordinating among the team of engineers to ensure optimum productivity & efficiency.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor / Master’s in Mechanical Engineering or Environmental Engineering.
Minimum Experience: 10 Years and above
Experience and good knowledge for
- Waste Types: Municipal Solid Waste, Commercial & Industrial Waste, Hazaordous Waste, Hotel/Restaurant/Household Food Waste etc.
- Design, Implementation and Operation of SWM processes, Material Recovery Facilities for the disposal of Municipal Solid Waste.
- RDF, SRF preparation.
- Policies, regulations and statutory permits in SWM.
- Solid waste disposal and operation of the landfill.
- Revenue Generation streams in the business segment of recycling of material.
- Cost Estimation, Financial Modelling (CAPEX & OPEX) for SWM packages.
- Evaluation and optimization of bid design.
- Technical and commercial proposal preparation.
- AutoCAD, MS Office and relevant software know-how for SWM.
About the Company
Alfanar is primarily engaged in manufacturing electrical construction products, EPC solutions for conventional and renewable power plants, allied engineering services and design engineering. We have built up an international presence throughout much of the Middle East, Asia, Africa, and Europe.
alfanar operates its activities from several locations around the world, included alfanar Industrial City (Saudi Arabia), Contactum (UK), ZIV (Spain), Safa electric (Turkey), Kopp (Germany), EA (Italy), alfanar Electrical Systems (UAE) and alfanar Engineering Services (India).
alfanar products reflect its commitment to high standards of quality, safety and performance. All alfanar products are designed and manufactured in modern plants employing state-of- the- art technologies and practices and subjected to rigorous quality testing in all production stages, alfanar products reflect commitment to the highest standards of quality, safety and performance.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
|Saudi Arabia||6 Sep|
Chartered Mechanical Engineer
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Mechanical Engineer - Rotating Equipment - Aramco Experience
Lead Mechanical Engineer (Aramco Project)
|Saudi Arabia||29 Aug|
RTC-1 Employment Services