Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are recruiting a Senior Environmental Engineer for our ongoing project in NEOM.
A typical week would include:
* Provide technical inputs within Environmental (and Social) Impact Assessments, CEMPs, EMS and other environmental related documentation
* Support my immediate team and wider WSP group for inputs into projects and proposals
* Coordinate with Client and subconsultants where necessary and undertake baseline surveys for inputs into EIAs and monitoring
* Ensure that all environmental and sustainability permitting requirements are achieved during design and construction phases
* Have a good understanding of environmental management plans and systems and how they are implemented on a practical level
* Assess environmental performance on projects
* Have a reasonable commercial acumen and familiarity with writing on proposals and project work
* Ensure the progression of my professional development, through involvement in different types of projects, mentoring and internal/external support and training where necessary
* Coordinate with necessary internal and external stakeholders to support the successful delivery of projects as appropriate within the environmental scope
* Experience in liaising with international lenders for lenders' technical advisory roles and international assessments would be beneficial
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Relevant Environmental Level 3 qualification
* 10 years' experience in dealing with major construction projects
* Comfortable liaising directly with contractors and undertaking site work
* Speciality in an environmental field would be beneficial
* Experience of working in consultancy or as environmental specialist on large infrastructure projects
* Experience of working as part of a Client team
* Good understanding of a range of technical environmental disciplines
* Good understanding of Saudi Arabian environmental legislation and practices
* Experience of working in Saudi Arabia would be advantageous
* Stakeholder and public engagement experience
* Great communication and team working skills
* Professional level of written and speaking English
* Other languages particularly Arabic would be beneficial
* A reasonable level of sustainability knowledge would be beneficial
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.