Job description / Role
- Has experience in the infrastructure industries, infrastructure industries and has cost estimating experience on mega projects.
- Responsible for obtaining the necessary estimating and cost resources to plan and execute the work.
- Responsible for the provision of all aspects of estimating support to the project/ bid teams and client; maintenance of estimating systems, procedures and work practices ensuring that the development of all project cost estimates are documented and auditable and that the operations estimating norms and estimating data is maintained and issued in a controlled manner.
- Responsible for the management and professional development of project controls cost estimating positions on the contract.
- Responsible for arranging and facilitating all project cost estimate review meetings and documenting identified actions, communicating and reporting within internal project team and with the client in accordance with contract cost estimating meetings schedule(s) and reporting requirement.
- The position will require a hands-on approach to the delivery of all aspects of project cost estimating for all projects within the contract scope.
Desired Qualification, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Primavera (P6) certification and working experience.
- 10+ years of experience, directly related to the position for which application is being made of which at least 5 years must have been spent in significant similar engineering and project supervisory assignments.
- Extensive experience using Primavera Project Management software.
- Be able to effectively communicate concerns, complexities, general project controls information and other considerations to varied audiences including clients, departmental management, engineering, project and construction management, and project teams.
- Be able to define and prepare accurate and meaningful reports, narratives, letters and memorandum which clearly communicate status, issues or other concerns on behalf of the program controls department.
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).