Job description / Role
Executive professional responsible for managing costs and budgets of construction projects, including new builds, renovations and maintenance works – from early cost advice to settlement of the final account.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supporting Business Unit Directors in delivering business objectives.
• Positively engaging with Customers and developing, growing and maintaining Customer relationships.
• Delivering high quality services and ensuring that cost management deliverables meet Customers’ requirements.
• Managing projects to deliver high quality services and deliverables in accordance with the business procedures.
• Preparing and presenting order of cost estimates and option studies.
• Cost planning.
• Cost-in-use studies.
• Advising on and implementing procurement strategies.
• Preparing tender documentation and managing the tender process, including designing tender marking schemes.
• Evaluating and reporting on tenders.
• Valuing completed work and arranging for payments.
• Settling final accounts.
• Providing technical advice on legal and contractual issues relating to construction projects.
• Administrating contracts as Contract Administrator or Employer’s Agent.
• Producing and presenting reports to Customers.
• Mentoring and coaching employees to their full potential.
• Identifying new business development opportunities and driving growth across the Business Units activities.
• Preparing bids for services.
• Managing service delivery for profit.
• Advising Directors promptly of any issues that have arisen, or that might arise, on projects; in particular those that might impact on Gleeds professional indemnity (PI) insurance
• Contractor background;
• Presentable with excellent communication skills to represent Gleeds at the client offices.
• Consultancy experience – optional;
• Preferably chartered;
• 10+ years of experience;
• Transferable iqamas – preferable.
• Extensive KSA experience is a must; and
• Chartered – preferable
About the Company
Be part of the extraordinary Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel.
Delivering on the world's most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment. One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people.
We welcome new perspectives and ideas. Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing our three core values: We're committed to our clients and our people We're creative and realistic We combine professionalism with personality We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status or gender. We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual. Gleeds is a gold standard investor in people employer.
Ignite Search & Selection
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Quantity Surveyor (Infrastructure)
|Saudi Arabia||15 Jun|