Job description / Role
Who we are
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
What you'll be doing
- Develop and ensure implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll in agreement with the board of directors
- Prepare and supervise various financial statements and reports
- Drive month end closing by analyzing trial balances, researching general ledger activity and variances to budget and prior year
- Direct the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable & payable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records
- Ensure all finance records are kept accurately and securely and in line with legislative requirements
Partnering with the Business
- Organize internal and external reporting; make constructive proposals and act as an internal consultancy and finance advisory to the General Manager, Shareholders and Board of Directors
- Develop trustworthy relationship with the Business to drive financial management and processes
- Drive the budget and revision processes, by delegating responsibilities to budget controllers and coordinating with other departments on information requirements.
- Develop Financial Strategic Planning such as the 3-Y Plan
- Revise the budgets and close follow up on: collections, payables, stock, sales and net margin. challenge assumption and propose revisions
- Provide detailed monthly operating results and variance analysis reports analyzing main variances with latest revision, budget and previous year and as required by the business
- Prepare P&L projection, analysis of financial viability of new investments and budget follow-up
- Monitor the cost structure of the companies' business units and prepare business profitability analysis
- Instigate and participate in all process improvement initiatives related to the Business
- Provide analytical support as required to various cross-function initiatives and ad hoc projects (e.g. preparing business plans, study of the cash flow and P&L)
- Participate in relevant projects and community activities as and when needed
- Review purchase cycle and analyze the Cash Flow and stock position on regular basis to provide corrective actions if necessary
- Ensure optimal utilization of facilities and commitments are met on time
Internal Controls and External Audit
- Lead the implementation of applicable internal control procedures to verify the integrity of all financial information, ensure and maintain historical records.
- Establish system controls for new financial systems and develop procedures to improve existing systems
- Prepare external audit materials and external financial reporting
- Liaise with external audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls
- Provide Internal Control and ensure compliance with all Policies and Procedures
- Prepare and monitor the performance of internal rate of return (IRR) studies for proposed outlets and new products
- Direct the installation and maintenance of new accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property, and other related procedures and controls
What you'll need to succeed
- 7-10 years' experience Hands on experience business partnering with commercial teams, combining corporate level finance experience with actual operating experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. Fully certified ACA, CPA, ACCA,
- Preferable experience in the Retail, Consumer Goods, Distribution industry
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- The capability of connecting, understanding and translating the business events which have a direct impact on the financial performance is a key factor of success in this position.
- Bilingual (English & Arabic)
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.