Job description / Role
Senior, Financial Accounting Advisory Services
In Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching.
That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Our FAAS practice is one of the fastest growing areas of our business. As a result, we have a recruitment need for a Senior to join our team to support big scale projects ranging from GAAP Conversion and implementation of new accounting standards to FSCP and financial policies and procedures support.
Your key responsibilities
In this role you’ll work directly with a wide range of clients across several industries to assess the impact of new accounting standards, proposed transactions or other regulatory changes. Specifically you’ll build and maintain strong networks internally and externally in order to grow the pipeline of FAAS work, report directly to Managers, Senior Managers, Directors and Partners at the planning, execution and wrap-up stages of FAAS engagements, coach and mentor junior team members and conduct performance review by contributing to performance feedback for staff and ensure work is of a high quality, delivered in a timely fashion and in compliance with EY policies.
Working with other EY locations, service lines and specialists to deliver a fully integrated service offering is integral, as is monitoring engagement economics against key financial metrics and managing the appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll be expected to identify and communicate relevant trends, developments and key performance drivers relevant to the client, consult with appropriate resources on complex accounting issues, ensure that the FAAS work products meet the needs and expectations of clients are clear, accurate and well presented, ensure work is delivered timely and in compliance with regulatory requirements and deliver effective execution of the FAAS service delivery framework.
Skills and attributes for success
Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's degree in finance and/ or accounting
• Minimum 3- years of experience working as an auditor/ consultant or technical resource for a public accounting firm
• CPA/ CA/ ACCA certification
• Knowledge of accounting and auditing processes and techniques
• Proven experience with IFRS
• Strong technical skills and recognized cautious risk management ability
• Solid team working skills with the ability to work with different people from diverse backgrounds in the diverse FAAS team
• Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills.
• Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
• Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary
• Keen to develop technical and other attributes of assigned team members
Ideally you’ll also have
• Masters or MBA qualification
• Track record with a leading audit firm
• Proficiency in the Arabic language
• Sector experience in one or more of the following: Construction, Energy, Financial Services, Government & Public Sector, Healthcare
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What working at EY offers
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.