Job description / Role
Atkins are looking for experienced Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our team currently working on multiple projects across varying sectors in our KSA office.
N.B: We are currently pending award on several significant projects. Should we be awarded, this position is key role. Consequently we are keen to speak to individuals in the market place with the experience listed below for such potential future programmes of work.
Preferably with Transferable Iqama or a Saudi National
- Prepare RFPs (Specification, BoQ input and Drawings) for carrying out Geotechnical investigation works.
- Evaluate proposals, obtain any clarifications and prepare report with recommendations.
- Participate in any discussion with the recommended specialist/Client/ Structural Engineer/Project Manager.
- Visit site/laboratory during investigation works to ensure compliance with contract documents.
- Review draft SI report and agree with specialist on resolution/clarification of any issues arising out of the investigation as appropriate to the proposed structure
- Discuss report with the structural engineer and recommend/define/design foundation system and any special requirement for the foundations in line with the superstructure performance requirements.
- Discuss, recommend and design validate the shoring system (if applicable) for enabling works based on the SI report - choice of system, ties or struts, shoring zone, etc and produce detail design sketches for production of CAD drawings.
- Recommend, define and design validate any dewatering requirements and produce detail design sketches for production of CAD drawings as necessary.
- Provide technical assistance to BoQ production and review BoQ for technical compliance.
- Provide response to any technical tender queries raised during the tender process
- Prepare tender report with recommendation
- Review and issue comment on shoring/excavations design submittals from the contractor including design of shoring system, method statements, drawings, dewatering system proposed, etc.
- Receive and sign-off design intent acceptance of shoring/excavation works submittals
- Review and issue comment on piling/foundation works submittals from the contractor including pile/foundation design, method statements, drawings, testing regimes, testing methods, etc.
- Receive and sign-off design intent acceptance of piling/foundation works submittals.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil / Geotechnical / Geology)
- 10-15 years of experience in the civil / geotechnical fields in a consulting environment
- Good knowledge in the analysis, design and documentation of geotechnical engineering works
- Good experience in relevant geotechnical software
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Excellent report-writing skills in English
- Experience in Infra tunnel & Airport projects
- Experience in PLAXIS, FLAC and GEOSTUDIO software
- Post graduate qualifications
- Middle East experience will be highly regarded
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 26 calendar days annual leave (based on 6 day working)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).