Job description / Role
The Amazon HR team is passionate about business partnering in its truest sense. Reporting to the HR Manager, you will play a critical role in delivering the HR plan at our location fulfillment centre. You will work closely with the operations team providing pragmatic, commercial and employee-focussed advice and support to a client group of approximately 5 operations managers and 10 area (shift) managers as well as several support functions. You will utilise your excellent communication, coaching and influencing skills to drive employee engagement and manage change, ensuring that we retain motivated teams of employees who can deliver an excellent service to our customers.
As a Senior HR Business Partner, you will enjoy a varied role and a wide range of interactions across all levels on a daily basis. You will get exposure to many different aspects of the business and have the opportunity to work on national HR projects. Whatever you will focus on, it will all be aimed at delivering the highest quality service to our internal and external customers.
The Senior HR Business Partner works as an integral part of the HR and wider site management team. Responsibilities include:
• Recruitment and Selection: All Amazon leaders are challenged to Hire and Develop the Best – it’s one of our leadership principles. You’ll support this by liaising with hiring managers and the talent acquisition team to ensure that vacancies are filled in a timely manner with high calibre candidates. You’ll work with the operations team to ensure that there is a robust succession plan in place and that we are developing our leaders and getting them ready for the next challenge. You will also support the site’s resourcing plan, taking responsibility as necessary for seasonal temporary recruitment through our agency partners, making sure that we select employees who want to exceed customer expectations.
• Employee Relations & Engagement: Employee engagement is at the heart of everything we do. We need to care about our employees so they can care about our customers. You’ll help develop and deliver engagement and communication plans which drive engagement, so you’ll instinctively know what’s best. You’re Right, A Lot. You’ll also provide support to line managers in employee relations and employment law, ensuring that our employment policies are implemented fairly and consistently.
• Performance Management, Talent Management & Succession Planning: Our annual leadership review ensures that top talent is retained and developed within Amazon. You’re at the heart of this, organising the review process and providing assistance and coaching to line managers on performance development. You’ll work in partnership with the site’s learning and development team to make sure that appropriate learning interventions are in place to support the site’s succession plan and develop the next generation of leaders.
• Generalist HR: Your generalist HR skills and leadership ability will ensure that the HR team provide an exceptional service to your internal customers. You’ll Dive Deep and analyse metrics to get to the root cause of any issues, as well as identifying best practice. By Insisting on the Highest Standards you’ll Earn Trust of Others by delivering credible, commercial processes and projects both for the site and the national network.
The successful candidate will:
• Be progressive, hands-on and customer-obsessed with the credibility and gravitas to succeed in a fast moving and customer-focused operations environment.
• Have significant HR experience, gained at business partner / manager level ideally within a high volume, fast paced and customer focused environment,
• Have problem solving and analytical capability; experience of managing and analysing HR metrics to find root causes and develop short, medium and long-term plans,
• Be able to develop effective working relationships with employees at all levels,
• Have a proven hands-on attitude, be flexible and adaptable,
• Demonstrate the ability to motivate others and influence work behaviours,
• Have strong change management, negotiation and influencing skills,
• Be intellectually curious; bring valuable insight into the team / business
• University Degree (Superior education in HR would be a plus)
• Good understanding of MS Office tools (Outlook, Excel) and HR information systems (e.g. PeopleSoft) would be advantageous.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.