Senior Legal Counsel
Job description / Role
As Senior Legal Counsel you will provide legal advice to senior management teams on statutory and legal matters having bearing on the company and its operations. Advise on all laws and legislation guiding the industry, operations and processes; constantly scan the environment for any change in legal and statutory environment.
One of Saudi Arabia's largest listed companies with operations across the entire gulf region.
* Review, draft (from forms and from scratch), negotiate and close commercial contracts, including but not limited to international supply agreements, master services agreements, trade licenses agreements,
* Coordinate with in-house and outsourced counsels / service providers to prepare strategies on litigation with respect to disputes in the assigned geography
* When applicable, attend proceedings in the Court of Law and review recommendations pertaining to further course of action after arbitration and litigation proceedings
* Support in drafting trade agreements for ensuring compliance to corporate laws and safeguard company interests
* Provide legal counsel and support to business teams in case of any violation of any contracted obligation by other trade party in interpretation of the agreements made
* Provide support to General Counsel, Strategy and Business Development and the Company's Leadership Team in the areas of Joint Ventures and M&As
* Effectively deal with local legal issues, statutory and regulatory approvals, show cause notices and litigation if any.
* Competitive, tax free salary
* Clear path for progression within the organisation
* Competitive benefits
* LLB essential, LLM preferred
* Saudi National
* 5-9 legal experience
* Fluent in English and Arabic
* Strong commercial experience
* Knowledge of CMA regulation, previous work experience in listed company preferred
* Knowledge of competition law regulation in the Kingdom
* Previous experience with commercial litigation preferred
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.